Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sew Easy?! Are you kidding....

Congratulations We R Memory Keepers. Your amazing marketing convinced me that I needed the Sew Easy tool, all the different heads, the needles, the mat, and all of the colours of thread. Yes....I could have ordered a couple of pieces to try them out first, but in Canada, shipping always seems to take 2 weeks and the costs are high. To order a little bit here and there would have cost a fortune and taken a very long time. I ordered "The Complete Sew Easy Kit."

Please, someone....tell me you love this tool and are making beautiful projects with it.

I, however, am finding the thing very flimsy. With SU cardstock, you have to apply a lot of pressure to make the plastic thing pierce, and I feel I am going to snap the head off. And how do you get a straight stitched line, or a zig zag that would appear to be keeping two pieces of paper together?

Does anyone out there love theirs?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,910 Likes on 2,180 Posts

I never did buy one. After reading on here, I decided to buy a sewing machine instead. Many people said it was a little difficult going through SU paper, which is mostly what I use. Have you tried placing a rubber mat underneath? I think some had success doing that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2011, 09:02 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw where they have a special mat to place underneath to protect the piercing points. Otherwise I don't know anything about them.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I got all excited about this and found it online at a place I'd nevered ordered from before. There was a glitch in my order and they never sent it after I paid. I finally got them to refund my payment after a month or so.

It turned out just as well, though. While I was waiting and not receiving it, I read a lot more reviews and decided I didn't want it after all.

So many people said it was hard to punch through the paper to really make holes. They said it just made indentations, and you still had to go back and make the holes with your paper piercer.

If I wanted to do that, I could do it with a ruler or other plastic template.

So, I saved myself a few bucks for the "Next Big Thing."

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Glad I read this. I've been looking for one and they are not in stock anywhere locally. Archivers said there was some kind of shipping issue and no one has them. Bad reviews from trusted SCS so I will stop looking for one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Default SEW EASY

Well I have one, the mat, some threads and 1 or 2 different attachments. I have had it for awhile and I haven't had a chance to play with it. Like most of you, I have all SU paper. So with that being said I don't have high hopes for this tool! I don't know how to sew so therefore I don't own a sewing machine. I really like the look of sewing on cards and I though the sew easy would be the answer. I guess it wont be the last tool that I haven't used!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

This is much cheaper and easier to use than a sewing machine. I have used mine with my patterened paper or a mat paper that is I'm sure thinner than SU paper. I save the good paper to stamp on. I use the lighter or cheaper paper to mat things with. I have used a mouse pad under mine and I've had some luck. I like it because I have a very small space to work in (my hubby won't build me a house) and this works well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't have a Sew Easy system, but I wonder if using it with the Scor-Pal would help? Line your paper up and run the sew easy tool down one of the channels - will it help it pierce? I used to HATE my little PierceBug thing, because it never did what I wanted it to do (emboss little dots) and certainly not STRAIGHT - with the scor-pal, I love the little thing. It doesn't really PIERCE though. I was going to try the Sew Easy to see if I could get it to pierce....now I am glad I didn't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2011, 01:36 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

I haven't found the time to play with it myself, but one of my team members - Mary J - blogged some tips from her experience. Just thought they might help you mgulka, since you've already shelled out on the tool!

Mary J's Hints and Tips On Using Sew-Easy Tool

Mary has managed to use it on Bazzill cardstock.

You do need to use a mat underneath, and Mary talks about this in her post - something firm yet soft, like a soft mousemat or of course the mat WRMK produce - which thinking about it, I imagine you have, mgulka, if you bought a complete kit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2011, 04:10 AM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

Get fun foam. Fun foam is cheap and really helps with the hole piercing, the only thing to be careful of with this is creasing your paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2011, 04:19 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

i LOVE mine! i use fun foam and SU or PTI cardstock and rarely ever have any trouble. as for getting it straight - i recommend doing your holes first and THEN cutting your paper so it is straight, then do the stitching.

i have more info on my blog as well as video on youtube.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

It is my understanding that there is a right way and a wrong way to use the tool. I can ask my friend who saw it a CHA. Pretty sure someone on here knows though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #13  
Kookie Creator

I tested it at CHA and decided I would not buy it. It was too awkward for me to use and the stitching holes/patterns were bigger than I wanted to use on my cards. Maybe the size would work better for scrapbookers.
My A Muse Studio Webstore Senior Associate #1114
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #14  
Inking Addict

I just saw this post now because I got enticed to buy it and I hate it. I bent several of the prongs because I was pressing so hard because it won't go through cardstock. It is flimsy and cheap and doesn't cut through card stock. I took it back to Archiver's and one lady was just befuddled by the whole thing and another one came along and ran it across some paper and said that's how it's supposed to work. Just give you a guideline - not actually PIERCE your paper. That's crazy. Also, Archiver's wouldn't take it back. I am just giving mine to Goodwill! And I'm mad at myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgulkaView Post
Congratulations We R Memory Keepers. Your amazing marketing convinced me that I needed the Sew Easy tool, all the different heads, the needles, the mat, and all of the colours of thread.

Does anyone out there love theirs?
I totally agree. I didn't buy all of the different things that you did, although I did get the mat. I suppose it would work great with printer/copier paper, but it is horrible with the Papertrey Ink cardstock. I only tried it a couple of times, but I figured I'd end up breaking off the little piercing thingies because I had to apply so much pressure. Now it just sits in a drawer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2011, 06:56 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cerridwen3301View Post
i LOVE mine! i use fun foam and SU or PTI cardstock and rarely ever have any trouble. as for getting it straight - i recommend doing your holes first and THEN cutting your paper so it is straight, then do the stitching.

i have more info on my blog as well as video on youtube.
I know this is an older post but I tried to find info on your blog on the Sew Easy but couldn't find it. Any chance of posting a direct link? I like your blog and enjoyed looking around even if I didn't find this :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnishView Post
I know this is an older post but I tried to find info on your blog on the Sew Easy but couldn't find it. Any chance of posting a direct link? I like your blog and enjoyed looking around even if I didn't find this :-)
i am glad you liked my blog! i recently switched from my old blog which is probably why you couldn't find it. i have not had any trouble with mine whatsoever and i only use SU or PTI paper.

SEW EASY POSTS - one even has a sew easy video. let me know if you need anything else
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cerridwen3301View Post
i am glad you liked my blog! i recently switched from my old blog which is probably why you couldn't find it. i have not had any trouble with mine whatsoever and i only use SU or PTI paper.

SEW EASY POSTS - one even has a sew easy video. let me know if you need anything else
Thanks! I did find you on Youtube after I posted. Your video gave me some reassurance that I didn't waste money on these items on the Black Friday sale I found earlier today :-)

Now if I could only find an Xyron sticker machine at half price that will ship to Canada without an insane shipping cost and then my Black Friday quest will be done :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2011, 07:13 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

[Now if I could only find an Xyron sticker machine at half price that will ship to Canada without an insane shipping cost and then my Black Friday quest will be done :-)[/QUOTE]

Hi I haven't looked lately but did you check at your local Micheal's store for the Xyron machine? Use a coupon and you'll be happy! You can use the extra money to buy a refill to use over winter time!:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2011, 03:21 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

I have one, so far I like it. I don't use it alot, but so far no problems with it.
Reply With Quote Likes