View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
nancyt
Pearl-ExPert

Default A day we will never forget

I am from Alabama - as you know the south experienced some horrible super cell storms and tornados yesterday. To give some perspective - it hit our neighborhood at 5:30 am in the morning - at 10:00 last night the state was finally clear of all tornados. We literally tumbled down our stairs to the basement in pitch dark as the power went out. We could hear the trees snapping. Five minutes later it was over. We looked out our window to find the 30 trees in our backyard reduced to 3. Trees uprooted and the root systems the size of cars. Our neighbors across the street not so lucky when two trees fell across their house. No one hurt though other than the bumps and bruises we experienced with our mad dash down the stairs. Later, another system hit our state - cites reduced to rubble including my hometown of Cullman and many more around the Birmingham area and in Tuscaloosa where the University of Alabama is. Many lives and homes lost. Hug your families tonight. Life is so precious.

Last edited by nancyt; 05-01-2011 at 01:37 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!