View Single Post
Unread 04-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #217
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT142 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT142 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Winnepeg, Canada. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Kay. Kay is the soon to be 91 (on June 5th) year old grandmother of fellow Teapotter/SCSer Charlene (crystaldolphins). Charlene's grandmother has sure had a rough time with her health when she broke her elbow falling on some ice on February 18th. Due to her age the decision was made not to operate, she was put in a partial cast and admitted to the hospital! She is still in the hospital to this day due to some other health issues! By April 1st, surgery just had to be done! The surgery went well but her other health issues are keeping her hospitalized and she is sad and discouraged. She just wants to get back home!

MORE INFORMATION IS BELOW IN CHARLENE'S OWN WORDS:
My 90-yr old grandmother is still in the hospital due to vertigo (that she has had for awhile, but now can't take care of herself due to the broken elbow because she can't use walker, or walls for stability with one arm) The accident has prompted the family to investigate an assisted-living apartment for her and she will gets possession shortly. She has to be out of the current apartment at the end of May. This is causing her much stress although she realizes its a good idea. Added to that, the cast came off and surgery was done. This means her break has to start from zero for recovery! My grandmother is a teriffic lady! Family is very important to her (most of the relatives live in Wpg.) although I am far away (26-hr car ride!) Since I'm so far away, this is my way of supporting her! She would love cards with flowers or scripture verses and she always loves the email forwards with cute animals. She loves visiting with friends and family, loves to read and is really missing her computer. She started emailing approximately 2 yrs ago and she also loves to play computer games! It would be wonderful if the Teapotters would put a return address label on the back of their cards so that she would have a record of where the card was mailed from!

UPDATE AS OF 4-15-11 Once again, the cast is off and 24 staples were removed. She will still be in a sling for awhile but it appears they are talking to her about going home very soon with home care assistance from staff and Charlene's mother's assistance. The upcoming week or so will be scary and exciting and everything in between for her. Things are looking up now and this long hospital stay just might be coming to an end! Our timing is perfect!

Here is the address of Charlene's Aunt who will get the cards deliered to Kay!

Kay
c/o Benita Rettaler
14 Euston St.
Winnipeg, MB
R2G 1R6
Canada

Thank you from Charlene and from me!

Last edited by Mothermark; 04-18-2011 at 05:40 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!