View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #2683
AZShann
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Yahoo to AZShann

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliemommy View Post
I am thinking of making spaghetti tonight. I just have to go and get a nice loaf of bread. We had steak last night.

I am thinking of doing a shepards pie tomorrow night. Anyone got a really good recipe?
Here's the recipe I use. It's kind of my own made up thing because all the others aren't as good in my opinion.

Tator Tot Casserole or Shepards Pie

1.5 pounds of ground sirloin
1 family size can of Campbell’s Vegetable Beef Soup
Onion
Garlic Salt
Pepper
Tator Tots (frozen - for Tator Tot casserole only)
Cheese

Add a layer of mashed potatoes to the top if you are making Shepard's Pie. I put the cheese on the top of the potatoes.

Brown meat with onion, garlic salt, and pepper. Add soup and about ½ to ¾ can of water. Let simmer until soup thickens into a gravy consistency. In a 9x13 pan (I use glass), add a layer of tator tots, cheese, meat mixture, cheese, tator tots, cheese, meat mixture, cheese, tator tots, cheese, meat mixture and one last row of tator tots. Cover with cheese. Bake in oven until tots are brown and cheese is melted. It will be around 30 minutes at 350.

You can also make just the meat and soup mixture and serve it in buns for a quick dinner. If you choose, you can also add a can of green beans, corn, or any other canned vegetable you like. Make sure to drain them. You can also use this soup mixture to make Shepard’s Pie. Add the soup mixture to a glass baking dish, top with cheese, mashed potatoes, and more cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!