View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 06:39 AM   #58
lnl96
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamptician View Post
Hi Ladies,

I feel like such a dummy for having to ask this as I've learned to do pretty much everything I care to do with my Cricut Expression except for one thing...ENVELOPES...and it is about to drive me nuts. Can you cut an evelope that will be larger than 5" sqaure? I have cut using fit to page and nothing is getting me anything larger. I read somewhere that if you were using wild card you shoul cut the enevelope first using fit to page and pay attention to the size it calculates and then cut your card at that size. Is this what I need to do? Because I cut a card using wild card (doily shaped) using fit to page and now I can't get it to cut an evelope large enough for it. It calculated at 5 3/4 for the card size but, like I said I cut the card first. I bought the expression because I wanted to be able to do decent size cards. Which it appears I can do just not the matching envelopes. What am I doing wrong?
Yes, you should first cut your envelope using "fit to page," and note what size the machine cuts at. Then turn OFF "fit to page," change the size to whatever your envelope cut at, and cut your card. For example, if you cut an envelope using "fit to page" and the screen tells you it's cutting at 5 1/2", you'll then cut your card (after turning "fit to page" OFF) at 5 1/2". If you cut your card first using "fit to page" it's already as big of an image the machine can cut in that space - but the envelope HAS to be bigger (to account for the flaps) - so you have to cut the envelope first and size down from there for the card. Hope this makes sense!

Oh, I've also noticed that the envelopes on some of the newer cartridges like Sentimentals and Damask Decor are designed much better - they've changed the way the flaps are cut, so it's easier to get bigger envelopes. Just something you might want to check out!