View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #518
grammatroll
Stazon Splitcoast

Weather's not too bad today. The sun peaks out now and then, and there is a bit of a cold wind and it is 53. I'm working a split shift today. Went in at 10 and got off at 1 pm for what I like to call my four hour lunch break.

My neighbor called this morning to ask if we want any of her old counter top from her kitchen. We brought home a couple of the pieces to use on the back deck. It will make a nice extra place to eat at or set up food for family barbecues. All I'll need is 2 or 3 bar stools to put at the counter. That is after Vince builds some legs for them.

God is so good to my daughter. She hasn't been able to find a daytime job that would work around her school schedule so she's been wroking 12-hour shifts at a bar and grill. She has to work noon to midnight every Saturday. Her friend was at a strip mall trying to get donations from some of the businesses for an upcoming 4H event. One of the business is a new cupcake store. The owner asked Katie if she needed a part time job because she really needed some help, especially on Saturday mornings. Katie told her she didn't need the job but she would ask her friend. Katie called Sheri late Friday afternoon to tell her about the job and if she wanted she could start the next day. Of course, it was too late for Sheri to find someone to take the girls all day, and she had to work at the bar. Sheri went in yesterday to talk to the lady and she starts tomorrow. She won't have to work nights any more, she'll be able to work around her school schedule and the wages are better. After getting the job, she had to start looking for daycare for the girls. She called her old day care provider to make arrangements for Bailey to go there after school. A couple weeks ago, the babysitter didn't have room for Lyra's age. Yesterday, she told Sheri she was going to call her because a spot opened up so she can have both girls. Tracy lives across the street from Bailey's school which is only 5 blocks from their house. That takes care of the weekdays. It so happens that there's a daycare center in the same strip mall so Sheri can take the girls there on Saturday mornings. Every time Sheri gets herself into a bind God puts here where she needs to be. Right now Sunday is just about the only day Sheri can do anything with the girls. Since she'll only be working mornings on Saturday, they'll have a lot more time to do some fun stuff like going to the park or riding horses.

Sorry, I'm rambling again. Hope you all are having a good day. Think nothing but happy thoughts.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!