View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #106
Bahb
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdoyle8 View Post
I GRRRRR!!
Has anyone else had a problem with the general purpose tape being stringy?
I just finished cussing my way through a 12-roll box of the stuff and will NEVER buy it again. The 3M gold acid-free 1/4" always worked great for me, but when the price went up I decided to try the 3M red. What a mistake.

But here's the best tip I've ever been able to give on the Forums:

I used to buy the 3M Gold tape in 12-roll boxes from framingsupplies.com, because they were the least expensive. But now, their shipping fee is outrageous, so I went hunting for a better deal and saved soooooo much money at cropandstick.com. They were clever enough to put the rolls of tape in a shipping envelope, along with the empty box flattened, so when it arrived , for less than $5 postage, I pushed the box into shape and put the rolls in it and was good to go. I saved over $12 just on the shipping, and the tape was less expensive but I don't remember by exactly how much. The shipping was VERY fast too.

I've never tried brands other than 3M (Scotch tape) because I was always so satisfied with the Gold acid-free. Nothing on my cards ever falls off or gets loose over time.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!