View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #171
Crafts
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarhan View Post
Neenah Solar White Smooth #80 Cardstock
- Inexpensive, which is nice. It's easy to get good blending with your Copics, but it's soooo easy to make the ink bleed on this cardstock. ...
If you think the ink bleeds on 80# Neena, don't try 110# Georgia Pacific. I made the mistake of printing a hand color chart on GP, and it was bleeding so badly I had to completely start over with a different cardstock. Some people use GP as their main cardstock for Copics. Maybe their blending technique is different from mine, but for me it won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarhan View Post
Copic X-Press It - This is my current paper. I find it's not quite as easy to get good blending as the Neenah, but it doesn't bleed as easily either. ...

Please let me know what you think of your papers!
I've also tried the X-Press It, which blends well. The only drawbacks are the price and its grayish cast.

A paper that you didn't mention is Hammermill Color Copy Cover. Lainy67 recommended it in another thread, and I have since bought three weights, 60#, 80#, and 100#. It's inexpensive by the ream, and I prefer its whiter color to the X-Press It. I've been pleasantly surprised by the HCCC. Here are comparisons of two image close-ups:

On X-Press It Blending Card
Chipmunk Digital Stamp 2

On 80# Hammermill Color Copy Cover
Chipmunk Digital Stamp 1

With both originals side by side, I can't tell the difference in the quality of the coloring. However, there is a difference using them. The Copic ink seems to "slide" more on the X-Press It, which makes it marginally easier to blend. But the X-Press It is much more expensive than the HCCC.

On my website: 13 Copic Coloring Guides
Illustrator for: Angels Landing Digital Stamps
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!