Thread: Desserts
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 03:09 AM   #23
SurfLola
Polyshrink Goddess

TeeGeeDee, I am so happy you enjoyed that recipe. 5 ingredients and tasty!

Today is Tuesday and that means a trip to NYC for my daughter's cancer treatment. Its a 10 hour day door to door. This week's treat is Alaskan Blueberry Cake. I posted this in What's For Dinner but its a simple dessert and I thought it might be buried in a main course thread. It is easy to make and delicious. I was thinking of the Pecan Muffins but they don't make too many and I think they taste better warm from the oven.

Our thought is just a little Thank You to the nurses and it gives them a little sweet boost in the middle of the day. Plus this cake travels well.

Alaskan Blueberry Coffee Cake

1 c. AP flour
cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
cup vegetable oil
c. milk
1 egg
1 c blueberries (most times I use 1 pint and I put them in the cake and not on top)
The zest of half a lemon

1/3 c AP flour
c brown sugar, firmly packed
tsp cinnamon
c. firm butter (1/2 stick)

In a medium mixing bowl, blend together 1 c flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, oil, milk, egg, lemon zest and 1 cup blueberries. Beat thoroughly for 30 seconds and spread in a greased 9” round pan or an 8x8 square pan. Combine 1/3 c flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Sprinkle over batter and top with the remaining blueberries. Bake in a 375* oven for 40 to 50 mins, until done.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!