View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #200
Mad Swapper

Originally Posted by Smudgeroonie View Post
Wow - where to start? Nothing gets thrown away in our house without someone saying "do you want this for your card-making?" - and usually I do!

I've made those scrumpled flowers before, but have used my Cuttlebug to cut scalloped circles from different papers - including magazine ones!

I love Card Candy - those little bags of card circles that look like brads without the legs - you can buy them in loads of scrumptious colours. Last time I was in the shop I was advised to buy white and colour them with my Copics - that way you can match them exactly to your card. Works brilliantly. Ok, each bag costs the same - but you don't need to buy so many different colours thus saving your pennies (or cents)!.

Instead of buying expensive brads have you tried making your own? Buy a bag of ordinary brass office brads. Holding the legs with tweezers, press them into a Versafine pad, then into embossing powder, and heat with a heat gun. Voila - super shiny coloured brads for a fraction of the cost.

Looking forward to reading loads more tips - great thread!
I make the FAKE brads using my very old office 1/4" hole punch, stack a few with glue and cover with Glossy accents. OR...take a 1/4" circle and circle your smallest stylist (or the handle end of a small paint brush, or a crochet hook) in will make a teeny tiny cup for the center of your flowers, or turn it over and you have a one layer curved brad that you can use. It's great to match up your papers and use up the scraps!
Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!