View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #182
jeanne3579
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldumont999 View Post
I LOVE digi images. You can resize to use on any size card or larger for scrap booking. Go to freedigistmaps. They list new freebies every single day.

Other money savers (that look great) are flowers punched out of newspaper, glossy magaizne ads, etc. Magazine ads from fashion mags make wonderful multi colored flowers. It doesn't matter if you are punching clothing, skyscrapers or whatnot. You can't really see what the item is after you punch the flower - all you get is the great color!

I haven't seen anyone talk about kitchen items being repurposed. I've super thin sliced corks for texture, I've used the pop top portion of cans for a belt buckle on santa hershey bar wraps, and I've even pulled the wire top out of an old calendar to repurpose as flower stems & leaves on a card.

My husband has gotten to the point of not throwing scraps of any packing material, magazines or junk mail out without asking me, "Can you use this in your craft room?" LOL
I've done this too, and while we are on the subject, besides the wine corks, I use the top of the foil seal on the wine bottles. If you use a foil cutter carefully (or in some cases, you can twist off the entire foil and then cut the round top with a scissors), you will end up with an embellishment that can have an eagle, monogram, designs, a bunch of grapes, etc. to use as a very lightweight but dimensional embellishment. I use them for all sorts of themes.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!