View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #175
Plain Jane
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcg View Post
Where do you find this glue? I looked at Michael's [I'm in Canada] and saw Aleene's Tacky Glue, Jewel It, Clear Glue etc but none of Aleene's 'Tack it Over' glue. Does this particular one, dry differently or could I use her Tacky Glue?

I am on a t-i-g-h-t- budget [ the queen blinks like crazy when I pull a bill out of my wallet because she rarely gets to see the light of day!] and so I haven't bought any glue yet. Please point me in the right direction

This is what the Michael's website says about the Tack it Over glue:
Aleene's® Tack-It Over & Over is a repositionable, clear and flexible glue that allows you to reposition appliqués and patches from garment to garment without reapplying glue. Ideal for wearable, costumes, home décor fabrics and more.

I think it's kind of like a super version of Post-It note adhesive??? Some of the 2-way glues MAY work at least temporarily... the Tombow Multi liquid glue that SU sells is permanent when stuck down while it's wet, but it dries tacky and can be used as repositionable adhesive too. Maybe something like that would also work? I haven't used the Aleene's, so I'm really not sure....