View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #174
jeanne3579
Crimping Master

I have recycled so many items from so many places my DH never throws anything away without asking first. Even my SIL saves things for me! Many of the things mentioned are on my list of things I regularly do, but I didn't see making use of used baby wipes (oh no, not used from their intended purpose). If you use baby wipes to clean your stamps, save them after a project. Most likely the colors will coordinate and once dry, make a great textured background. I use one piece for two Halloween cards and both recipients commented on the great paper and where did I get it. I am in the process now of making coffee-themed cards and have been using the "java wraps" that I've saved from those places that don't recycle them. If the are plain they can be stamped on, but many have little coffee cups printed on them already. The formica samples that hang in hardware stores get thrown out when the colors are discontinued and they will give you hundreds for free. Use as embellishments (they can be stamped on, embossed, and painted). The same goes for wall paper books. Pages and pages of great background paper, material for gift bags and envies. I have been saving the plastic handles from the bags of birdseed. Think they will make great purse handles for special cards this spring. With some of the suggestions here, I think I will try to color them somehow instead of leaving them all white. Making do is so much fun and gives one a great feeling of accomplishment.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!