Old 02-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #186
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default DESTINATION STATION ~ MMTPT135

Destination Station
Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #135

This week's destination is Farmington, New Mexico. My sister who lives in Farmington, New Mexico brought to my attention the plight of a young 19 year old boy by the name of Bobby Riddle. The day after Thanksgiving Bobby was was involved in a terrible accident. While burning leaves he had a gas container explode in his hand. He was burned over 65% of his body. Bobby continues to be treated at a burn Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico. As you can imagine, he is undergone several grafts and surgeries. He has recently made some progress by taking some steps and was able to no longer rely on feeding tubes and a respirator. He may be released in early March so that he can come home to Farmington.

Bobby is a very special boy with a strong faith in the Lord. He has had a big impact on the community because he has coached young kids all his life. Today's teapot represents Bobby's love for sports. My sister has known Bobby's 90 year old great grandmother for 35 years and was excited to recommend Bobby as a destination to encourage not only Bobby, but his great grandmother as well.

Cheri has requested that our sentiments/messages to Bobby be upbeat and encouraging. Bobby would just as soon not be reminded of the accident as a matter of fact, he may not even remember it. He plans on getting past this and continuing to work with kids both through sports and his church. He feels he has a lesson to share after experiencing this ordeal. Our cards will truly put a smile on his sweet face.

The address is:

Bobby Riddle
C/O Cheri Whitney
831 Echo Lane
Farmington, New Mexico 87401

Than you from me and thank you from sister, Cheri!

Sadly, Bobby has passed away. Please do not send additional cards to Bobby Riddle! Thank You!

Last edited by Mothermark; 12-15-2011 at 03:34 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!