View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #1880
AOK
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmichelle View Post
Well I am back from my first stall for the year and basically it was not a good turn out. The temperature had dropped thankfully to about about 36 degrees (96.7 F) but with a breeze which made it a lot more bearable. Thanks to suggestions on this forum, the glass pebbles held my boxes down beautifully from blowing off the table. However I only sold 1 box and a few cards. My neighbours who are locals said the client numbers were down a little but they too had poor sales. Thye blame it on the extreme heat we are having here. I am going to try again next week in a neighbouring town (35km or 21 miles) if I can get in. It is a well-to-do vineyard country with plenty of tourist plus it is a holiday long weekend here then. Maybe it will be better then. My husband thinks it is not worth it but I want to try again.
That is a shame Michelle. Perhaps next weekend will be better. The holiday weekend may bring more people out to potter around markets and fairs. Hopefully the stall fee today was not too expensive and that the company with other stall holders was fun.

My Blog :http://aokspaperstuff.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!