View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #1879
madmichelle
Rubber Obsessor

Default Poor market sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmichelle View Post
I am holding my first stall for the year, tomorow in a holiday town we are visiting whilst travelling around Western Australia. ..... Also I will be contending with 39 degree Celcius heat (over 100F for you Americans - so i am not looking forward to that, but at least it starts at 6am and finishes at noon. .....
Well I am back from my first stall for the year and basically it was not a good turn out. The temperature had dropped thankfully to about about 36 degrees (96.7 F) but with a breeze which made it a lot more bearable. Thanks to suggestions on this forum, the glass pebbles held my boxes down beautifully from blowing off the table. However I only sold 1 box and a few cards. My neighbours who are locals said the client numbers were down a little but they too had poor sales. Thye blame it on the extreme heat we are having here. I am going to try again next week in a neighbouring town (35km or 21 miles) if I can get in. It is a well-to-do vineyard country with plenty of tourist plus it is a holiday long weekend here then. Maybe it will be better then. My husband thinks it is not worth it but I want to try again.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!