View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #136
cardsbynikki
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnPetal View Post
I love this thread, its going under my "references" folders.

I think my greatest "make do" is something I probably shouldn't admit to; but a few years ago I was in several recipe swaps in some Yahoo Groups and kept getting the same recipes (I probably got 8 or more "taco soup" recipes which I realize are popular here but how many do you really need!) Then there were recipes that I just would never use, things my husband would laugh at if I ever tried to serve him and things just not popular with my family, so..........those recipe cards, as artful as many of them were, were scraplifted of their elements. Many of them had wonderful handmade embellishments, cool spare parts and all kind of collage papers and such that were quite useable in other ways.

!
One of my sisters displays my cards throughout whatever holiday season is at hand (I make cards for all the major holidays). Then when the season is over, she strips them apart and uses all the embellishments on her scrapbook pages. When she finally told me this (after doing it for three years) I cracked up laughing at her rather embarrassed face. Since then, I include some extra little embellishments lightly tacked to the inside of the card for her scrapbook pages. It doesn't bother me at all that she rips the cards apart and re-uses the pieces! My cards are immortalized in pieces throughout all her scrapbooks... She enjoys them for a bit, and then repurposes them. Nothing wrong with that if you ask me!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!