View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #130
Kristy Tyra
Inking Addict

Talking Making 'do'

Wow! There are so many ideas to try in this thread! Some of them I have tried and have been so pleased with the results! Two things I will add to this post. 1. Make your own 'glimmer spray'. I know there are many ways to do this. I just used what I happened to have at home. Using a small 2 oz. spray bottle from WM, add some re-inker, and for the glimmer, I discovered that I had a jug of Luminere silver paint that I got from a garage sale. When I opened it, it looked like it was all dried up and I was sad. So I tried peeling the top layer off to find that the rest was dried to a very thick paste. Not to be deterred, I scooped a glob up and dropped it in the spray bottle with the water and reinker. After I shook and shook it, I was amazed to discover that the Luminere had dissolved and now I had some fabulously shimmery spray paint! Gorgeous!

2.. Now I needed some great stencils to use as masks. I borrowed my Mom's Cricut and proceeded to cut 'a million and one' stencils out of a box of old overhead transperancies. Worked like a dream! You have to be careful with them, so that they don't tear, but I have the coolest stencils now! To have the best luck with the transparency film, make sure your cutting mat is nice and sticky. Then I 'had' to start cutting stencils with my Big Shot...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!