Old 02-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #182
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart TEAPOT TUESDAY ~ DESTINATION STATION #134

MMTPT134 ~ DESTINATION STATION

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #134:

This week's destination is Westland, Michigan! The new location of the Academy Awards! Ha! We are sending our cards to Lauren, the young daughter of Joy, a fellow SCSer (cotdsffs). Sue, (Irishgreensue) brought Lauren's situation to my attention. Lauren is having such a trying time with some medical issues and is discovering that her health problems are greatly hindering her goals, dreams and persistance to succeed in the industry that is so passionate to her. Lauren is a very talented actress. She has a degree in acting, she has won numerous acting and directing awards in college and most recently was accepted for an apprenticeship at The Purple Rose Theatre (Jeff Daniel's Theatre in Chelsey, Michgan)! Of course, it would be her dream to accept her very own Oscar for either acting or directing in her future! So our A-card-a-me Award cards will cheer her up while she is getting through these difficult days.

Here is Lauren's story.

Lauren has had several health issues over the last few years and things have seemed to escalate the last two years. Last September just after she was accepted to the Jeff Daniel's, she was diagnosed with lupus and pleurisy. She already had been diagnosed with scoliosis and had been experiencing pain in her joints. All this was affecting her work at the theater. She recently was experiencing so much pain that Joy thought her appendix had burst. The University of Michigan ER treated her and subsequently several tests were done which resulted in a diagnosis of interstital cystitis. As a result, she has had to resign from her apprenticeship at the Theatre after missing so much due to doctor's appointments and being sick. She is at home with Joy now and on Friday had a procedure done and is recovering. Losing this apprenticeship has really made everything that much worse!

She will enjoy getting our cards for the nominees for the Best and Worst Dressed Oscar each day in her mailbox. Please include a note of encouragement to Lauren. She is the type of driven individual that will end up on stage at the Oscar's sooner or later. We are here to encourage her and get her through these rough days. Attached here are pictures of Lauren in a couple of productions.

Lauren Moss
7715 Cherrywood Drive
Westland, MI 48185

Thank you from Sue and I and thank you from Joy![/B][/COLOR]
Attached Thumbnails
100_6262.jpg   2008-893-081-medea-theater-rehearsal.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 02-21-2011 at 06:26 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!