View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #438
lynnephelps
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamper View Post
Is this true or not? The Calibur is for use ONLY with Spellbinders stuff, not Cuttlebug, Sizzix, etc. I thought I had read that.
I purchased a Grand Calibur in a haze at Hobby Lobby, probably the first one they had in stock. I was in an altered state - there it was, right there in the store, and I could use my 40% off coupon! Then I got home and came out of the haze and started considering what it could and couldn't do.

You CANNOT cut any thick steel-rule dies like the Bigz dies by Sizzix. The rollers are not far enough apart to accommodate these dies no matter what kind of sandwich you come up with.

They CAN accomodate thin steel-rule dies like Cuttlebug and Sizzlets, but they need a special adaptor mat that unfortunately is not included with the Grand Calibur. The mat that you need is part # W-025.
Here is the link: Raspberry Spacer Plate - Spellbinders Paper Arts - Spellbinders
The mat is small. When I spoke with Spellbinders customer service (which was fabulous by the way) they said they are considering making a larger version of this mat to take advantage of the larger Grand Calibur platform.

It is too bad that they have replaced the Wizard, which was highly compatible with all brands of dies, with the Grand Calibur, which is not.

I only have space for one machine, so I returned it. I want a machine that can cut Grand Nesties AND Bigz dies and is electric! I had been saving up for a Vagabond. Now I guess I am hoping for a Grand Vagabond, lol!!!

My 2
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!