View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #23
lindsaymay
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennunder View Post
I have a question for those of you who use SCAL. I recently purchased SCAL and am working on 120 table favors for a Benefit Auction and the Theme is the Wizard of OZ, so I am cutting out Ruby Slippers. I found a picture on the web, traced it in SCAL, and filled a 12x12 page with the image. I then started cutting at high speed and it is cutting the slowest it has ever cut. It has finished only 3 rows of shoes in 30 min. What did I do wrong? What can I do to speed up the cutting process? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Jennunder. The speed has nothing to do with SCAL, nor will changing the dial on the cricut have any effect. It has to do with their being too many nodes in the design. What I would do is download the free program inkscape (Inkscape. Draw Freely.) and open the svg, select the arrow tool at the upper left sidebar, click path and simplify. That will reduce the node and make it cut faster

If you have trouble send me the file and I'll have a look: artstudiosofbangor AT yahoo DOT com

good luck
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!