Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT133 ~ DESTINATION STATION

WELCOME TO DESTINATION STATION
MMTPT133

Hi guys!

This week's destination is North Bellmore, New York. We are sending our cards to Marie, the sister of fellow SCSer/Teapotter PhilsMom (Fran) who is quadriplegic as a result of progressive MS. She was recently hospitalized after suffering seizures and could use a little something to brighten her days! Despite being able to only move her head for many years, Marie never complains. She has amazing strength and patience as evidenced by the fact that she has maintained her wonderful her sense of humor since her MS diagnosis when she was just 30 years of age. You guessed it! She loves owls!

Here is a little more information about Marie, in Fran's own words:

My sister Marie went numb on her left side when she was in her 30's. Her foot & leg were dragging. They assumed she had a stroke. (She is 15 years Older than me). Diagnosis was inconclusive and it was finally determined that she had Multiple Sclerosis. She deteriorated rapidly, as she has the Progressive type (one of my other sisters and cousin have the relapsing remitting type of MS). She has been confined to a wheelchair and has been quadriplegic for many, many years. The only part of her that she can move is her head. Her spirit is indefatigable. She has a very good sense of humor.

She had a German Shepherd many years ago & when Tracy died she was not well enough to get another dog. (Our family are big time dog lovers). She misses Tracy even though I have been able to stop by with my two Jack Russells when we get down to the Island, which isn't often.

I called my oldest sister, Catherine (who lives in New Mexico) and told her that Marie will be our destination station in February and I could hear the joy in her voice. Catherine said she knows Marie will love the cards because she will be able to see them. I will ask my niece to tape them up for her on the wall.

Here is the address to mail your cards to:

Marie Marmo
2612 Elderberry Road
North Bellmore, NY 11710

Thank you from Fran and I!

Last edited by Mothermark; 02-14-2011 at 06:09 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!