Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT132 ~ THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT! THERE'S NUTTIN' IN SIGHT!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #132

THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT!
THERE'S NUTTIN IN SIGHT!
WHERE'S THE NEAR MISS IN MID FLIGHT?

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

This is my story!

1. So, I was looking for a sky blue teapot! Well, actually I was looking for something else but it's a long story and I will save that for another day! Back to the sky blue teapot. When I came across this one, I thought what a cool teapot! Yes, its plain, not much going on, but in my opinion, its very classy, pretty special and will be really easy for me to recreate! Tee hee! It doesn't really tell a story like some of the others teapots I feature so I will just have to come up with a story for it to tell! Go Figure! And so the story begins......

2. Meet Orland and Wilfred Kite! The Kite Brothers! The are inseparable, always together!! Good thing too, as they need one another to lean on. Its very frustrating being a Kite Brother! The two brothers are continually mistaken for Orville and Wilbur Wright, The Wright Brothers! Yep, you guessed it! The Famous Wright Brothers, daring and adventurous, extreme before it was cool to be extreme. Whenever they order pizza, sign up for cable tv, open up a new bank account, get their tax returns done, enroll for dance lessons, or even make a reservation for a bus ride, they are hounded by people asking them what it was like to fly the first airplane in 1903 back in Dayton, Ohio!!! Sometimes there's just no options, sometimes its better to just go with the flow and let your name take you where it may. Easier said than done!

3. Orland loves dance lessons and Wilfred loves the Hallmark Channel on cable TV! Not exactly the extreme type but they are willing to venture out on a limb! Flying is outa the question but surely they can think of something in the aviation industry that is dangerous but not really dangerous! Macho but not risking their lives! Extreme but not that extreme! Ooh, Ooh! Air Traffic Controllers! Yah, that's it! Its a very important and respected field, it involves airplanes and things that fly, its stressful (when you're stressed others are impressed!) and its sorta....well, admirable, you know, saving lives and stuff! That's it! Google Air Traffic Controller Schools, Orland! Do it now, need me to show you how?

4. Meet Brooke, The Crook! She could write a book about all the money she took just by stringing the gullible up on a hook! She's got the best price, they don't have to travel too far, and the 42,000 letters of recommendation on her website look authentic, respectable, and impressive! Orland and Wilfred are so organized! They have paid their air traffic controller tuition up front, booked their bus ride to the school and are off to pursue their new daring and adventurous career!

This Can't Be Right!
There's Nuttin' In Sight!
Where's The Near Miss in Mid Flight??

Rut roh, Brooke, The Crook has got 'em on the hook!

5. Well, people, we have two air traffic controller trainees and nuttin' but blue sky as we step off the bus!! Bring airplanes, bring kites, bring things in mid flight! Bring copters and gliders, and air force fighters. Bring an unidentified flying object, I really like your logic! Brings things in mid flight into our sight. Let's fill up the sky with things that go high, things that can fly, or perform a dangerous fly-by!

Since we are out in the open, there's no back door so for those of you that are not that extreme, you can bring birdies, butterflies and bees but they have to be male, definately not shes! And you just might find yourself in the back of the bus! Think macho and extreme, think adventurous and daring but at the end of the day, what's in sight is your caring!

Challenge Translation:
Make a masculine card and include something that flies! Airplanes, kites, etc. Ooh, good idear! A banner or flag definately flies!

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #132
This week's destination is Kearney, Nebraska. We are sending our cards to the young son of a friend and fellow co-worker of Judy (StampingQueenJar) who unfortunately and sadly is battling cancer at his young age. Sean is 23 years old and has Stage 3C testicular cancer. He has had initial surgery, four rounds of chemo and is undergoing more tests for spots on his abdomen and lungs. Its an up and down emotional roller coaster.

For more information about Sean including his address and a list of things that makes him happy, please visit Post #173 of The Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread, should you decide to send your challenge card to Sean. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is my card.

Here is the awesome card that Judy (stampingqueenjar) made for Sean.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #132 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT132 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT132 ~ THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT!  THERE'S NUTTIN' IN SIGHT!-sky-blue-teapot.jpg   MMTPT132 ~ THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT!  THERE'S NUTTIN' IN SIGHT!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 02-14-2011 at 06:01 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

madhatter2.jpg

AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRLS
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

flowergal36 - 2/9
Connie Jo9 - 2/10
Ardodd - 2/14 (No wonder we *heart* her!)

Happy Birthday Dawn, Connie and Anne!

Hope you have a wonderful birthday this week! Eat Cake! Eat cake for me! Bwhahahaha!
Happy Birhday to the three of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #3  
101 Airborne

Here is my card. I feel so sad for this young man - he should be enjoying life and having fun adventures at his age - instead of fighting cancer. I guess we just need to pray for a cure - as we pray for the victims of cancer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's my card. MMTPT132 Thinking of You by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

We sure do need to find a CURE for all the types of cancer! There are way too many people, young and old that are suffering this horrible disease.
My prayers and thoughts go out to Sean and all the others that are fighting and suffering cancer.

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Here's my card for Sean.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Wonderful challenge!

erika348 - Kite for Sean by erika348 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

My card for Sean can be found here
Thank you Cindy for doing this challenge for Sean...
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

Here's my I'm Hootin' for You
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #9  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Great challenge, Cindy! I had to see what the all blue teapot was about!

Last edited by gbedwright; 02-07-2011 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: type faster than I spell!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Here's my high flyer for Sean...sending it with prayers.

Flyin' High for Sean
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #11  
Glitter Guru

OMG can you believe it, I finally made it on the first day of the Tea Party!!!!

Flying Ace for Sean!

Thanks for the challenge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

It took some time to find something that flies....then it dawned on me...DUH!!!

A BIRD
~~Stampin World~~ ~~My Magnolia Maddness~~##The Great Adventure##
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #13  

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's MY CARD for Sean.

Wanda Cullen ~ Dirty Dozen Alumni, On design team for Papertrey Ink, Designer for Color Throwdown and Fusion Card Challenges Cullen-ary Creations[/URL]...my blog HERE'S MY GALLERY[/URL]

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 10:52 PM   #14  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Sounds cool. Even with the remarkably informative sneak peek I had a feeling I knew what stamp I'd be using today - just gotta wait till after work. I should have winged it and risked making it yesterday when I was on a day off .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 03:04 AM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Thank you for this challenge. It's my first ever on SCS, not to mention my first Teapot so forgive me if I am still trying to catch the ropes dangling wildly from that blimp that is dangerously, dragonflying all over the sky...enough said about 1sts!

This is not the first story of a young man undergoing chemo at a young age but it is the reason that I had to take part in the challenge. A former student of mine was diagnosed with prostate cancer at the tender age of 16! He has since survived operations and lots of chemo and now at age 19 is in remission and his hair has grown back and he has gone on to college living a normal life (if you can call college life "normal").

I don't know how he managed it, but he made a point of starting each day with a smile and set out to make at least one person each day do the same! A truly amazing young man. Our inside "joke" was to ask each other "Who ever said, 'Pigs can't fly?'". It was my way of reminding him never to give up.

So here is my card for Sean! As you can tell, it isn't blue but I do think it's male...and it does have something on it that flies. The card is in the post as I write this.

Best wishes to Sean for a speedy and lasting remission and a great big thanks to Mothermark for your caring!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 03:58 AM   #16  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Patricia! What a heartfelt message! It brought a tear to my eye, first out of joy for your young friends recovery and attitude in dealing with his cancer but secondly for the fact that this challenge inspired you to do your first ever SCS challenge and your first ever Teapot challenge! I am honored to have been your *first* and an tickled for Sean! Thanks so much for making your special card for Sean! Its awesome and so appropriate for this challenge! Pigs do fly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 04:14 AM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

MMTPT132 Sea Birds Flying in the Sun at Galveston by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

If we had a backdoor today I would probably be told to go through it..........but I have seagulls in my picture and sails that fly..............ok.........I stretched it just a tad...
but I think Sean will like my card just the same. SNORT !!!
HUGS and happy Tuesday.........the sun has found it's way to central Ohio today..in between the snow showers !!!

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 05:01 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 742 Likes on 354 Posts

Here's mine.........it will go out to him this morning. I hope you both like it!!

CC309, MMTPT132, Up In The Sky by jdmommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 05:21 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's my card for Sean. MMTPT132 A Card for Sean by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #20  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

I can relate to Sean's mother's experience because my son had Stage 3 Melanoma Cancer about 8 years ago. It was a very rough time for my son and our family. I can say this, prayer makes miracles! My son is married with a family now, and so far, there have been no new tumors! Praise the Lord!!

Here is my card for Sean:

Plane Thinking (MMTPT132) by MrsBoz - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 07:30 AM   #21  

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom
Default for Sean

Hi Teapotters
I am always challenged when it comes to masculine themes. I thought Sean should enjoy some fresh air & sunshine flying kites.

Here's my card

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #22  
Inky OceanGazer

here is my

Masculine Flyer

thanks for looking
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, my brain decided that it was finally going to work! I swear, if they ever come up with an add on for faster memory recall, I'm getting in line!! I just don't want the new version, give it to me after all the kinks have been ironed out. Speaking of ironing...
MMTPT132 by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I used an iron for this 2nd card for Sean. I just had to do one, cuz it's what should have been done in the first place, if this old brain has a faster memory recall.

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Thank you again mother mark for such a fun challenge. this here is my card for this weeks challenge.. MMTPT132, Snoopy looking for that red baron by wendy2512 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers. This is also for Cook22, lol i noticed she is another snoopy fan..Have a fun day all and take care,,,and thanks for the milk and cookies, "dip,dip..slurp-slurp",,,yum...:0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default For Sean

Hello Ladies,

This is my first Teapot Party attendance. I decided today would be a great day to join to cheer Sean up with a card. Thank you for a lovely and meaningful challenge. Here's my card for him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my card for Sean: CC309 MMTPT132 Faith by cmsuto - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
What a tough time for Sean and his family. I hope our cards lift his spirits.

My Gallery

My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks for all you do, Cindy!

Here is my card:Thunderbirds for Sean (FG) by Francie G. - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #28  
Kookie Creator

Here's mine:

MMTPT for Sean by julsanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Sorry it's a little blurry. It's my camera (couldn't be user error hehe). I will get it in the mail first thing in the morning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's my *Thumbs Up* for Sean and sending it with prayers.
THUMBS UP by foxy67 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #30  
BRAK Alumna

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woohoo! I'm flying straight and on time. Here is my card for Sean.

MMTPT132, Flying High by yabbadodo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tfl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Mine!

Made it before midnight on Tuesday! This has to be a first for me.

Here's my card UP

Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #32  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 360 Likes on 186 Posts
Default MMTPT 132 Let's Fly Away

Hi, remember me? I rarely have time for a cup of tea, but stopping by ever so briefly this evening. I see there are a few stragglers hanging out. Here's my entry for this week's challenge. Hope you like it.

MMTPT132 Let's Fly Away by CAKath at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for viewing and commenting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 05:37 AM   #33  

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flying in a day late, but you know the old saying, better late than never - here's my Lift for Sean
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 06:26 AM   #34  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my card for Sean:
MMTPT132 Plane for Sean by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #35  
Polyshrink Goddess

Whew! I made it under the wire or over the fence or something - here's my card.

My Blog Keep In Touch Stampin
My Gallery

My Store
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #36  

Well, at least I got the sky part...not so sure about the rest.
MMTPT Sean by Air by momof5sons - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #37  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 174 Likes on 147 Posts

I'm late! but here's my plane flying through the wild blue yonder for Sean! MMTPT132 Flying by with a Prayer SC319 by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #38  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm sneaking in here before I have to go to the "Late Room". Up, Up, Away
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #39  

After quite an adventure I got my card done...inspiration can strike anywhere...well, sometimes it nearly hits me over the head before I notice, but that's another story....here is my high flyin wishes for Sean

MMTPT132, Flyin' Free by Ksnurse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,161 Likes on 495 Posts

Here my blast off card! I thinking to babyish! but I tried
sean blast off! by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
hotwheels
Reply With Quote Likes