View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #226
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls! Michele - I hope today is a great one for you!!!! It is really sunny here but very, very cold (20s) and extremely windy. I am so very tired of the wind. It has been really out of control this year.

Gramma - oh those meds. I hope that gets straightened out soon. I'm sure it will. It is so frustrating! And I'm sorry the work schedule is so annoying. When it rains, it pours, right? HUGS to you.

Mom called to say they are moving dad to the rehab place this afternoon. She stayed home today - it was supposed to be lousy weather anyway and they weren't sure what time dad was going to be moved. She'll go tomorrow. The rehab place is a little farther away than the hospital, but not too bad. And interestingly enough, it is named Helen Hayes Rehab after the actress! My dad's friend used to know her family. Her home in Nyack, NY, was nearby. We used to drive by but couldn't really see anything because there was a stone wall out front.

I've been cooking all day! It's actually been a lot of fun. I have beef stew and pork chops in tomato sauce (my dad's favorite) in crockpots now. A chicken stew on the stove cooling. Turkey meatballs (they taste like Thanksgiving dinner all in one - I have a mushroom gravy to make for them). I'm going to make a spinach casserole (mostly for my mom) and tomato/basil/orzo soup. Then I'll be done today. I still want to make a meatloaf for us and a cauliflower dish for my mom. She loves veggie dishes but dad doesn't. I'd like to have some of these things for her! Bill is going to make a pulled pork to give them for sandwiches too. I think there was something else I was going to make, but I can't remember right now!