View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #172
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default DESTINATION STATION ~ MMTPT132

MMTPT132 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Kearney, Nebraska. We are sending our cards to the young son of a Kathe, a friend and fellow co-worker of Judy (StampingQueenJar) who unfortunately and sadly is battling cancer at his young age. Sean is 23 years old. He has stage 3C testicular cancer. He has had initial surgery and four rounds of chemo. His marker count (beta hcg) is now 4 (should be zero), and it started out at 98,000. Some of you may know what that means if you have been close to someone with cancer, I really don't know what those numbers mean, but I am thinking its not good.

He has some spots in his abdomen and 16 spots in his lungs. There is no surgery option for the lungs, but he had a PET scan recently that showed just one spot on his lung was cancerous. He has been referred to the University of Nebraska Medical Center (three hours from his home) for further treatment and help. Sean had a really rough weekend this past weekend. Extreme pain around his mouth and an infection at the port site. Spent lots of hours in the ER. His mom, Judy's friend, Kathe, is just exhausted and pretty emotionally fragile.

He likes video games, model airplanes that fly, kites and Coke. His mom, Kathe, teaches elementary music in the same district as Judy does. Cathe's husband just had back surgery and is out-of-commission for 4-6 more weeks, and unable to offer the support for things around the house and taking Sean where he needs to go.

Here is the address:

Sean Cox
1003 E 48th St
Kearney NE 68847

Thank you all from Judy and I!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!