View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Post MMTPT131 ~ CHERRY, CHERRY MON CHERIE! CHERRY, CHERRY, GO JERRY!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #131

CHERRY, CHERRY MON CHERIE
CHERRY, CHERRY GO JERRY!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

This is my story!

1. You know what is weird? February is National Cherry Month. Yup! That seems weird to me because when I think about February, I think about winter, cold, snow, and well, maybe Valenines Day. Not Cherries! Especially when you think about the beautiful cherry blossums, those don't happen in February! Oh well, who am I to analyze when holidays should fall? But just between you and me, I would not have put National Cherry Month in February!

2. Chantrey Henri Earl Rene Rousseau Yves, III has heard much about National Cherry Month and he is excited to partake in the festivities. He thinks he has much to offer being the snobby self proclaimed French expert Cherry grower that he is convinced he is! The truth of the matter is that he only landed in that line of work because no one could remember his name and his initials just stuck. CHERRY, I mean Chérie suits him well but is not exactly what his family had in mind when they bestowed a name worthy of the next Lord of the Manor! He's on a mission to prove to his family that the land and title he's to inherit won't be blemished in any way by his ambitions in the world of cherries!

3. Jerry Jo Cherry is also headed to the festivities with much of the same to prove. Everybody makes fun of him because he read a poem by Robert Graves once and became convinced its the key to his success! He's been running barefoot in the cherry orchards chasing Cherry Fairy Pipers ever since! Ain't nobody gonna tell him he can't make a run at success in this business. Jerry Jo Cherry's Moon Cherries is the next Forture 500 company! All he needs is to convince an investor and find the right partner by showing off his Moon Cherries, the most incredible, sweet and lucious cherries of all time! And with this verse of his favorite poem in his advertising compaign, he'll get someone's attention!

Cherries of the night are riper
Than the cherries pluckt at noon

Gather to your fairy piper
When he pipes his magic tune:

Merry, merry,
Take a cherry;

Mine are sounder,
Mine are rounder,

Mine are sweeter,
For the eater

Under the moon.
And you’ll be fairies soon.

4. Let's support the under-dog with no money and help him get his cherries in front of the wealthy French investor! Mon Chérie meets Moon Cherry!! Just bring cherries! 42,000 of them. Cherry's on a tree, Some for you and me! Cherries with some flowers, Picked in night time hours. Cherries that are plump, Cherries in a clump! Cherries that are sweet, Cherries we can eat! Cherries oh so round, The roundest we have found! Cherries in a pie, Treats for you and I! Cherry Fairies Very Merry!

Cherry, Cherry Mon Chérie, Cherry, Cherry Go Jerry!

If you bring a Cherry Fairy, she better be merry! If you bring a bowl of pits, Jerry's Kin will greet you at the back door while spittin' pits!

CHALLENGE TRANSLATION: Bring a card with cherries on it!

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #131

This week's destination is my neck of the woods, Loveland, Colorado. We are sending our cards to the my neice Shari, the daughter of my husband's sister who was diagnosed with breast cancer the week before Christmas. Shari had her first surgery on December 30th and her second one this past Monday. This week she has a MRI scheduled to investigate some spots on her liver. She could use some cheering up as this is a very trying and scary time for her and our family.

For more information including the address to mail your cards to please visit Post #171 of The Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread, should you decide to send your challenge card to my neice. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is my card.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #131 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT131 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
sharis-teapot-131.jpg  
Attached Images

Last edited by Mothermark; 02-07-2011 at 07:00 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!