Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:22 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Order from The Tape Depot Lately?

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has ordered from The Tape Depot lately and how the service was. I placed an order on January 20 and the status is still just showing as "confirmed". I called the number on the website to inquire and just got a voice mail with "leave a message" and it didn't indicate I'd reached Tape Depot. It didn't sound like I reached a business.

I only ordered from them one time before and there were no delays or issues. Just hoping this is normal and that the order will still go through.

Thanks!

Leslie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

It has been a couple months for me but I continue to use them...I hope all is still well with them...Keep us posted if you have problems...
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered in Nov but I purchased through their eBay store. I got my tape quickly...even to Alaska. I hope all is OK with the order. I have ordered numerous times from them...even to an APO address and never had a problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #4  
Glitter Queen

I haven't ordered from them in a while. Still stocked up on my adhesive, but when I do order comes in pretty quickly never had any problems. Keep us updated, hope all goes well.
Mari
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2011, 02:32 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Nothing but problems with Tape Depot and I will not order from them again. I have ordered from their eBAY store before and had no problems. In December I ordered 144 rolls of the ATG tape as a few ladies were interested in sharing the large order with me. My credit card was debited on Dec 18. On Dec 27th I received 44 rolls with an invoice showing my order for 144 rolls. No explanation as to where my additional 100 rolls were or when they were being shipped.

I called their toll free number and left a message which says they will get back to me in 1 to 2 business days. The phone rings a long time. The beginning of their message encourages me to email them. Anyway, I was leaving my name, ph #, order # and why I want them to call me back (the problem) and it cut me off. Grrrrhhh! I also emailed them.

I got a call back that day saying the tapes were back ordered and the remaining would be shipped later in the week and I should receive them the following week. I wasn't home so I didn't get a chance to question why they would send a partial order.

From there things went more downhill. When I did by follow up emails I used the same email chain so they could see the history but it was like they only read my latest comments so they would email me back and ask questions on things that we had previously covered. It was very frustrating. One of their last emails was that their records show my order as being completed and closed. Imagine my anger by then.

I finally got the rest of my 100 rolls of tape on 1/27/2011 ( 1.5 months after my initial order). I am very glad I had not asked the other ladies on the other stamping forum to pay me first for their share or they would have thought I was ripping them off. If someone else told this story it would be hard to believe.

Leslie, try 888-282-8273 if this is not the number you have. As I said get your name and contact info in first as the machine may cut you off.

As far as email addresses I sent to both addresses:
[email protected]
[email protected]
(don't bother with [email protected] as that is a no response address)

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2011, 04:28 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Good info to have. I don't go through a lot of tape (have so much of it) but I won't order from them until I know what's going on. No patience for waiting forever for an order.

Adopt A Greyhound-Save a Life
http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2011, 05:04 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper for funView Post
Leslie, try 888-282-8273 if this is not the number you have. As I said get your name and contact info in first as the machine may cut you off.

As far as email addresses I sent to both addresses:
[email protected]
[email protected]
(don't bother with [email protected] as that is a no response address)
Hope this helps.
I'm hoping that this was a one-time glitch because I've read such good things about this company. Then again, in this economy, you never know what companies might be teetering on the edge of financial disaster. I placed a large order too, sharing tape with others, and that's my biggest worry. I'll try the 1-800 number. My first call was to the number listed on the top of their web pages.

Thanks, and keeping my fingers crossed!

Leslie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Leslie, I am truly wishing you the best. I certainly do not want you or anyone else to experience what I did although I guess it could have been worse in that it may have even longer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just ordered from the ebay store. I ordered about a year ago, and didn't have any problems, so I just went back. Hope I didn't make a mistake....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoosekrazyView Post
I just ordered from the ebay store. I ordered about a year ago, and didn't have any problems, so I just went back. Hope I didn't make a mistake....
I think you are will be fine with the eBAY store -- I had no problems with my past orders on eBAY and their eBAY rating is 100% positive. It's their store that I've had problems with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 03:44 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

If anyone wants to get in touch with them and hasn't heard back from them from their store website, on Ebay there's an option on the Sellers details to contact the seller. I think it's possible you would hear back from them. Ebay sellers do not want anyone contacting Ebay complaining about them. Although you may not have placed the order on Ebay and this may be a little underhanded (contacting them on Ebay), tough crap. They should respond and get their orders filled in a timely fashion or, let their customers know they're having a problem and will take care of them as soon as they can. They should be providing better customer service. They have your money and you have.......um nothing.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #12  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I haven't ordered from them but I do have a held up order from Framing Supplies for 3 rolls of the 60 yard ATG tape. Someone from Federal Express is looking into it. The order was placed on Dec 4th.
Meanwhile, I'm heading to Joann's and Michaels today for more adhesive!

Update! I emailed Framing Supplies over the weekend and I got a call Monday from a very nice lady apologizing for my order not arriving-apparently Fed Ex still can't find the original order. She got another order put together the same day and it's on it's way.

Last edited by Cartermrc; 01-31-2011 at 09:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 08:13 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

I spoke with a live person at The Tape Depot a few minutes ago and they assured me that my order was sent via USPS on January 22, 2010 even though it is not showing on the website. So, the timing isn't really out of whack considering it had to go from Florida to somewhere along the Canadian border to be inducted into Customs and it could be sitting in Customs awaiting clearing as we speak (or is that "as we type" LOL). I'm hoping he was truthful and there will be no issues with the order. I feel a little better with the fact I reached a live person. Everyone keep their fingers crossed :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #14  
Embossing Fanatic

I have ordered from them several time and never really had any problems. Sometimes I think their web site just isn't as user friendly as it could be. But I always get my order in a very timely fashion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Update on my Tape Depot order: It arrived today but they sent it via UPS and not USPS so there were over $112 in brokerage fees on it. I refused the order and requested that Tape Depot resend it via USPS/Canada Post. So, I'm glad that it came quickly but not impressed that they didn't send USPS even though they told me they did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

They're nuts. $112 in brokerage fees!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OMG! That's why I'm always leery of ordering online from companies outside of Canada. I was considering ordering from them, but I think I'll just keep stocking up when I get the 50% off coupons from Mike's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by LorraineBKView Post
They're nuts. $112 in brokerage fees!!
I know, totally crazy. We have to get more people in Canada refusing to deal with UPS and the like until they reduce these brokerage fees to a more reasonable level. I'm sure it was just an oversight on Tape Depot's part, especially since I corresponded with them on this point before ever placing the order. Lets hope it arrives quickly and by the correct carrier this time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #19  
Mad Swapper

I ordered tape from the Tape Depot on eBay and had no problems, when I tried ordering from the Tape Depot online store last year they told me that they don't ship to Canada so SPRTCHICK gave me this site Buy ATG Tape and Dispensers at FindTape.com to order from and I received my order quickly and with no problems. There tape is the exact same kind as the Tape Depot has. As for the brokerage fees, that is outrages and if they told you they were sending it USPS that is how it should have come to you, not UPS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2011, 03:16 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnishView Post
Update on my Tape Depot order: It arrived today but they sent it via UPS and not USPS so there were over $112 in brokerage fees on it. I refused the order and requested that Tape Depot resend it via USPS/Canada Post. So, I'm glad that it came quickly but not impressed that they didn't send USPS even though they told me they did.
OMG!!! that's crazy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

I will venture a guess that I have ordered from them about 25 times with absolutely no issues...I will continue to order from them because their prices are so good. I normally order through their ebay store too.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackie1View Post
I ordered tape from the Tape Depot on eBay and had no problems, when I tried ordering from the Tape Depot online store last year they told me that they don't ship to Canada so SPRTCHICK gave me this site Buy ATG Tape and Dispensers at FindTape.com to order from and I received my order quickly and with no problems. There tape is the exact same kind as the Tape Depot has. As for the brokerage fees, that is outrages and if they told you they were sending it USPS that is how it should have come to you, not UPS.
There was a period last year when they were not shipping to Canada and that's when I had my first batch sent to my daughter in Massachusetts. She won't be home from school until March so I opted to have it shipped directly to me, even allowing for some duty/customs fees but not at the rate UPS wants. I did my research - spoke directly to the company and I also spoke to Canada Border Services to find out the worst case scenario on what could be charged. What UPS is doing is simply gouging Canadians. They're not the only courier company doing this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

There was a period last year when they were not shipping to Canada and that's when I had my first batch sent to my daughter in Massachusetts. She won't be home from school until March so I opted to have it shipped directly to me, even allowing for some duty/customs fees but not at the rate UPS wants. I did my research - spoke directly to the company and I also spoke to Canada Border Services to find out the worst case scenario on what could be charged. What UPS is doing is simply gouging Canadians. They're not the only courier company doing this.
eeek on the fees from UPS I am east of Halifax and I will not deal with any company who uses UPS to ship as their brokerage fees are always outrageous.
I am going to check for them on ebay - any other places you might recommend for tape?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianMomView Post
eeek on the fees from UPS I am east of Halifax and I will not deal with any company who uses UPS to ship as their brokerage fees are always outrageous.
I am going to check for them on ebay - any other places you might recommend for tape?
How far east of Halifax are you? I'm in Sambro within the HRM. I haven't found any other companies with comparable prices to The Tape Depot. As far as I know, while the company does ship to Canada, their eBay identity doesn't ship to Canada. Not sure why. For good pricing, I'll put up with some inconvenience but not too much. I hope they come through and send the order quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2011, 06:55 AM   #25  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I've ordered from them quite often and will continue to do so because their prices are so good. My only complaint is that every so often there is a defective roll of tape but I think the hassle of trying to return and replace isn.t worth it. I just toss it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

lharnish...did you know about Gaffers Tape, Double-Sided Tape and More from FindTape.com They have the identical tape to what tape depot has and they ship to Canada. I think it was very reasonable or free...just cant remember. I know that there was at thread awhile back and the ladies were pleased with that option...
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
lharnish...did you know about Gaffers Tape, Double-Sided Tape and More from FindTape.com They have the identical tape to what tape depot has and they ship to Canada. I think it was very reasonable or free...just cant remember. I know that there was at thread awhile back and the ladies were pleased with that option...
blessings.
Unfortunately they don't ship USPS, only UPS and that's where all those nasty brokerage fees come in. It isn't the seller charging this, it is the courier companies that are putting these outrageous fees on the order. You can't even find out ahead of time what they'll be so an informed decision could be made as to whether to purchase or not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

ok then...didnt know all that stuff.. :(
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Any updates on your order? Do you know if they have re-sent via USPS?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper for funView Post
Any updates on your order? Do you know if they have re-sent via USPS?
I'm curious too. I need some tape. I've had good luck w/Tape Depot in the past, but if it's a risk...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by binxView Post
I'm curious too. I need some tape. I've had good luck w/Tape Depot in the past, but if it's a risk...
I sent an email and three voice mails that went unanswered. The last time I called them, I left a message indicating that if they weren't going to respond and give me an update, I would be contacting PayPal for a refund of "my" money. Someone called me back within a half hour. They were very apologetic. Told me their shipper didn't know of the policy to send to Canada via USPS. They were originally going to wait until UPS returned the original order but they said they sent it out USPS this time and gave me two tracking numbers. This was just two days ago. So, I'm waiting, impatiently. I don't think this company is intentionally providing poor service. I get the impression they're overwhelmed. I hope that's the case because they have a great product at a great price. I'll let everyone know when the order arrives. I'm optimistic but impatient :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I sent an email and three voice mails that went unanswered. The last time I called them, I left a message indicating that if they weren't going to respond and give me an update, I would be contacting PayPal for a refund of "my" money. Someone called me back within a half hour. They were very apologetic. Told me their shipper didn't know of the policy to send to Canada via USPS. They were originally going to wait until UPS returned the original order but they said they sent it out USPS this time and gave me two tracking numbers. This was just two days ago. So, I'm waiting, impatiently. I don't think this company is intentionally providing poor service. I get the impression they're overwhelmed. I hope that's the case because they have a great product at a great price. I'll let everyone know when the order arrives. I'm optimistic but impatient :-)
Thx for the reply, Leslie. Now I'm impatient with you. Nova Scotia is a tad cold in Feb. - you need your tape so you can keep yourself inside and entertained, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

For everyone following the saga of my Canadian order with The Tape Depot, this is just a quick note to say that they came through for me (and those that purchased via me). The order finally arrived in Canada safe and sound and it has now been shipped to all that ordered.

Despite the first hiccup with them shipping it by UPS in error, I would order again from them.

The prices can't be beat!

When I accounted for the shipping to the various addresses in Canada, the most expensive final cost per roll was $2.46 and the least expensive was $1.79. Those local that didn't need shipping ended up only paying $1.32 per roll.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #34  
Embossing Fanatic

I just ordered from the ebay site, 12 rolls. All came perfect and fast. Great price too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #35  
Bunny's SunnyChick

WOW what a mess! Glad it all worked out (finally).

When I first got my ATG (yrs ago) I ordered from Tape Depot...but then their prices became too high for my liking.

I always order from findtape.com...they are fast and cheap!
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley

Reply With Quote Likes