View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
texasjodylynn
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to texasjodylynn
Default FAQ - Wednesday Stamp Club

MFT is super excited to announce that Wednesday Stamp Club will now be centered around a weekly sketch.  We know your stamping time is precious, and we want you to maintain as much creative freedom as possible.  Sketches are the perfect starting point to a card. Use it as a blueprint, and create a card using the stamp set and supplies that strike your fancy. You can turn to the sketches time and again for creative inspiration.A new sketch will be posted each Wednesday at midnight on the MFT blog. You'll also find the sketch in the MFT forum on SCS on Wednesday morning, as well as in the weekly newsletter. Our talented Challenge and Design Teams will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

We encourage you all to play along, and to enter your card in the weekly draw for up to a $20 gift voucher to the MFT Boutique. Simply follow the sketch and create a card or other paper creation.  You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week, a keyword is assigned to the sketch. All you need to do to enter, is upload your card to the gallery at SCS, and enter the given keyword in the keyword box, during the upload process. After the deadline, we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher! That is up to $100 per month in prizes, JUST for playing along. We hope you'll join us in 2011. MFT will be giving away up to $1040 in vouchers in 2011! That is HUGE! I hope you'll play along for your chance to win a portion of that.

Please note the uploading keyword (and sketch number) will always be noted on the sketch for your convenience. The black logo is not part of the sketch. You'll also find that on every sketch, as a reminder where the sketch originated. Thanks in advance for playing along . We are SO looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Hi everyone! I am compiling some of the most frequently asked questions about Wednesday Stamp Club. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and someone will be happy to help you.

Q: I don't belong to a club, how do I play along?
A: It's not a club you have to sign up for. Just jump right in and start playing along. Every Wednesday the sketch will be posted in the SCS MFT forum (where you are now). Just make your card and upload it to the gallery on SCS using the specified keyword. You can also visit that week's WSC chat thread and post a link to your creation, or chat with fellow MFT fans, and design team members.

Q: What is a keyword? Where do I add that?
A: The keyword is posted in that week's WSC thread on SCS, and it can also be found on the sketch itself. You add the keyword during the upload process in the SCS gallery. (see mini tutorial below - coming soon)

Q: Do you offer prizes?
A: YES! We offer a weekly prize of up to a $20 MFT voucher. There is a random drawing of all cards uploaded prior to the deadline (which is outlined in that week's thread). The random winner will win a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the winner will receive an extra $5, for a total of $20! That's up to $1040 in prizes in 2011!

Q: Do I have to use MFT Stamps for my Wednesday Stamp Club card?
A: Nope, we encourage anyone and everyone to play. We love it when you use MFT stamps, but you are welcome to play along with any stamps, and are still eligible to win a prize.

Q: Do I have to add a thumbnail of my card on the weekly WSC thread on SCS?
A: No, but you can if you'd like to, as long as it's in addition to uploading it to the gallery. We pull the random winner from the gallery using the keyword, so that is the only way you can win.

Q: What do you do in the weekly WSC thread?
A: We show off our cards, chat, encourage eachother, talk about the weather... anything. Come and chat with your fellow MFT sisters if the mood strikes...

Q: This is my first time uploading a card at SCS and for MFTWSC and I don't think I did it right because I don't see my card when I search and it doesn't show up in recent uploads. I see it in My Gallery but I don't see it anywhere else.
A: Are you a fan club member? If not, it takes a couple hours to show up because a moderator has to approve it. If you want INSTANT uploads (your cards show up in a minute or two), you can join the Fan Club! It's one of the MANY perks Here's the link: Join the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club: Special Galleries, Forums & More

Q: Your sketches sometimes use Die-namics die shapes for the sketch, but I don't have that die. Can I still play?
A: Of course you can! Just substitute something of a similar size or shape. Feel free to change things up as necessary. We don't ever want to exclude anyone from playing along.

Q: Can I enter only one card into the gallery to be considered for a prize?
A: You can participate as much as you'd like. Feel free to enter as many times as you'd like, as long you follow the sketch. Upload one photo for each card or project you create.

Q: How will I be contacted if I win?
A: We will contact you via PM (private message) on SCS. To view your PMs, simply click on the little envelope in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Your PMs are there, and are handled much like an e-mail in-box.

Last edited by texasjodylynn; 01-31-2011 at 06:29 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!