Thread: FAQ's for MFT!
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #5
The MFT Lady
Splitcoast Member Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim8mis View Post
Thanks for your speedy response as always. Another quick question (and I seriously hope I'm not being a nuisance asking all these questions).

I was using the Flower Trio and Leaf Trio die-namic today in my cuttlebug along with the metal adapter plate. After the die went through the cuttlebug, the design paper was stuck in the die itself. I then proceeded to look for the holes to poke the cut piece out through the back but found it difficult to poke through the holes. Only later I realised that although there were various indents in the die (where the holes should have been), the hole was not punched through.

And later I found that my paper piercer could push through the thin metal to push the die cut piece out. My worry however is that with me making the holes from behind, it causes a slight edge to be raised on the other side and I'm afraid this will cause indentations in my patterned paper in the future as I usually use the die with the pattern paper facing into the die. I hope all this makes sense! Should I be worried about this?

Also, I check all the other dies I bought and realised that the Framed Greetings die also does not have holes in the die to help push the die-cut out if required. Is this a defect?

Sorry it didn't turn out to be a quick question after all.
We only add poke holes to smaller dies, the larger ones, liked Framed Greetings don't generally need one. SO, no, it's not a defect.

If you use a toothpick, you shouldn't have an indention. I would try a small piece of scotch tape.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!