View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #33
sarahstampart
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiejen View Post
Sarah maybe you should write for the show to make this more believable. A baby in a snowstorm? Poor you that must have been so scary.
Well, yeah- it was pretty crazy. He was a full four weeks premature, and it was a "high risk" pregnancy (my DD before him was c-sec). I went to the hospital the night before and was sent home.
Anyway, the snow storm (blizzard!) ended up being the worst one in Connecticut in over 100 years and we were STUCK! A 911 operator talked us through it and the firemen finally arrived about 20 minutes after my son was born.
People died in that storm, and homes were devastated. This ended up being a big "happy ending human interest story". We were on the front page of the Sunday edition of the New York Times, all the local papers and my pediatrician actually heard about it (he was in Europe at the time) on CNN! Bill O'Reilly did our story on Inside Edition- they came up from New York and brought the police dispatcher to meet us. And remember the show William Shatner used to host called Rescue 911? Well, we were on that, too. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine just today told me she was watching it on YouTube, lol. It was covered on other t.v. stuff, too and we were asked to be on several talk shows but it got to the point where "enough was enough".
But I think one of the craziest things about it was that two years to the day after he was born I went back to the hospital on my son's birthday and said "Remember me?" and thankfully they did because that day did not send me home. This time my husband was able to "sit this one out" and let the doctor do the delivering, lol!

One funny thing, though: Right after DS's birth, one of the soaps totally copied our story where everything was basically the exact same- place, weather conditions, Daddy delivering the son, etc. etc. All my friends we calling me up on the phone telling me they "copied our birth", lol!
Design Team Member for Scrap Your Crap
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!