View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 03:15 AM   #39
SweetnSassyStamps
Gabfest Goddess

I was stopping by the forums this morning to see if there were any new challenges up yet to play along with....the wind here has kept me up much of the night so I decided to just get out of bed .....in the mean time I stumbled upon this thread and thought I would share, too.....

From a stamp company owner's perspective...this topic is scary ....and I think I see some of my own customers' names in here---oh no!! ....

....but all kidding aside, I think we all need to learn to be wiser with our spending. Nancy mentioned sets selling out and the impulse buy and I have to tell you just from the flip side of the coin, I personally don't order a lot at the beginning of a release because I don't want to be stuck with a ton of inventory if the stamps aren't popular. It's hard to know what your customers will like and what they will buy. Perhaps Papertrey does the same thing?? I really don't know, but I thought I would throw that out there.

Also, I have always thought what a bummer it is that we put so much effort into a release just to push those sets for a few weeks and then we do it all over again every other month. It seems like so many great stamps get lost in the shuffle.

However, on the other hand, to keep up with competitors and stay in business we really have to keep things fresh and new. If we don't, our customers forget about us and that can be detrimental to a business.

I know you probably weren't expecting all that, but I just wanted to share from a different point of view . It's a constant struggle for me because I am really not a fan of the impulse buy....I am a customer, too, and have really tried to "reign it in" on my impulse spending, YET as a business owner, I feel like I have to promote the impulse buy to stay in business. I may just have to start pondering ALTERNATIVE ways to service my customers....

I wish you ladies great success in your efforts!!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you blessings beyond measure in 2011!!

Korin Sutherland
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
My Website ~ My Gallery ~ My Blog

Last edited by SweetnSassyStamps; 12-27-2010 at 03:18 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!