Old 12-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #31
lrzaworski
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to lrzaworski
Default Cold Turkey on the spending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellegirl View Post
Hi All,

There's a wonderfully insightful thread here on "overspending" that has got me to thinking....Ok, here's the deal..I have more than enough crafting goodies to last me several lifetimes. Having all of this really hasn't helped my creativity one little bit, IMHO.

I really want to see if I can "NOT" succumb to anymore needless spending in 2011, craft related, in particular. You are under NO obligation to join me or even feel as I do, but I throw this out there in the hopes that I can gain further insight and support.

I'm a little scared and excited at the same time! Yet, here goes....I pledge that I will ONLY buy what's absolutely necessary in making my cards...which, in looking at all that I have, amounts to buying adhesive only. I want to continue on this resolve as long as I possibly can.

I appreciate any and all support here!

Thank you!
Bonnie
Congratulations!! I think this is fantastic. My inspiration was in August and my husband said I could quit work, but the spending and other things had to stop. So I quit upcoming stamp clubs (I was in 3!!!), etc... I can honestly say instead of spending the $100's of dollars a month, getting $20 here and there is much more appreciated and honestly, it's quite humbling. But it is also fun to see how much we can "not" spend and be frugal. It's almost like when we were first married and starting out our life together.

Good luck!!!

Linda "LZ" Zaworski
* Baltimore, MD *
My Facebook Stamping page/group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/221943441186603/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!