View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #29
NancyK.
Gabfest Goddess

Love the idea of "shopping" in your own craft room! I have more than enough stuff and will use this idea alot instead of shopping at the store.
I stopped looking at all the sneak peeks for new releases each month - boy did that help! I was getting pulled in to wanting everything - especially at Papertrey. Then a funny thing happened. One month Papertrey sold out of a new set within hours of the release. I figured I would get the set the following month. When the following month came along I realized I really did not not want the set after all, but liked a newer set - which, once again was sold out within hours. So....I decided not to check the Papertrey (or other companies) new releases each month - Papertrey lost alot of my impulse business by their sales tactic of ordering low and creating the false rush to get the sets just after their midnight release (and please don't tell me this is not intentional since it happens almost every month). It made me realize that I tend to impulse buy and now I wait a few months before I decide to buy a particular stamp set. It helped my spending tremendously!

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!