View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
plkelley
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellegirl View Post
Hi All,

There's a wonderfully insightful thread here on "overspending" that has got me to thinking....Ok, here's the deal..I have more than enough crafting goodies to last me several lifetimes. Having all of this really hasn't helped my creativity one little bit, IMHO.

I really want to see if I can "NOT" succumb to anymore needless spending in 2011, craft related, in particular. You are under NO obligation to join me or even feel as I do, but I throw this out there in the hopes that I can gain further insight and support.

I'm a little scared and excited at the same time! Yet, here goes....I pledge that I will ONLY buy what's absolutely necessary in making my cards...which, in looking at all that I have, amounts to buying adhesive only. I want to continue on this resolve as long as I possibly can.

I appreciate any and all support here!

Thank you!
Bonnie
I was able to do this with pretty good success in 2010. I a SU! demonstrator so it was kind of difficult, but I only bought one or two stamp sets this year and very few accessories. I did spent about $70 with the color change. My small customer base is making my minimums; I am helping myself to the hostess benefits when it's appropriate.

It really hasn't been that difficult; I am using retired sets in my personal stamping and really enjoying getting those old friends down off the shelf and creating with them. I am also using up retired DSP and some retired In-Colors. It's like having new stuff to me since I have not used it in so long. Keeping this perspective has really helped me to decrease my spending.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!