View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #19
PickleTree
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahmegan View Post
Do you have a camera recommendation?
Not to dodge the question, but this is a tough question to answer without knowing how you plan to use the camera. I personally use a Nikon digital SLR for the majority of my photography. I've had it for about three years, and I've been thrilled with it. However, the primary reason I bought it was for scrapbooking (and because I wanted a camera I could grow into). Do I believe you need a DSLR for photographing cards? No. I would bet I could take a photo with my back-up camera, which is an older model Canon Powershot (the 85 maybe?) and no one would be able to tell the difference. I'll put that theory to the test and post the results here! (And I'll eat my words if I have to )

If you're thinking of purchasing a new camera, check out Imaging Resource. They have exhaustive (and I really do mean exhausive) data on more cameras than you could possibly imagine. I always like to look at Dave's Picks first. They also have a "Find the Best Camera For You" product advisor, where you plug in your preferences, starting with usage, then moving to price, brand, body type & size, and last, more refined preferences. It spits back the best matches based on your input.