View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #17
pcousins13
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I have the same issues you do, Patricia. My nearest 'big city' is 120 miles one direction. I do have a couple LSS stores 1 hour the other direction but there really isn't anything else there. I'd rather drive the extra hour to have time to spend at Borders, B & N, places like HL & Mike's where I can shop for a wide variety of crafts, not just papercrafts.

I try to combine my trips to places like that with a writers meeting or get-together with my sister who lives an hour the others side. It's our 'meet in the middle' place. If I have to spend time doing research for an article or want extra play time, I sometimes do it as an overnight. That way I can take advantage of WiFi to catch up on-line, too. (I have dial-up at home)
Yeah...it really sucks. I mostly shop on-line since the only scrapbook place that even exist in the closet (2 + hr drive) town to me is Walmart. I was in there last week and it looks like they have some new brands of paper and stuff so thats good. I would LOVE to come across an online store that carries nice stuff for CHEAP...and that ships to Canada at a reasonable price. I went on one site the other day that had cheap Cricut cartridges, added two to my cart (the total was a little over $40) and went to the shipping. Then I saw that it would cost almost $550!!!! INSANE!! I quickly emptied my cart and sent an email to the company complaining about the outrageous prices! I could drive to the nearest Michaels (about an 8 hour drive one way) stay over night, pick up the cartridges and then some, come home and still have money left! Sheesh!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!