Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Arrow A NEW YEAR ~ CARDS FOR A CAUSE ~ STAMP FROM THE HEART

Welcome to Cards for A Cause
~ A New Year ~
Stamp from the Heart!

First of all, thank you Lydia for giving me the heads up that the Cards for a Cause Challenge was in need of someone's assistance in keeping it alive going forward in 2011. I must say I have to give Julie (Readysetstamp671h) a huge pat on the back and a big ole warm and fuzzy hug for all of the effort, organization and work she put into Cards for a Cause in the past! What a kind, generous and *Compassionate* woman! It will not be easy filling those very capable shoes.

Same Mission ~ New Year!

1. As you all are aware, there are so many compassionate, generous and caring stampers in the SCS world. We plan to tap into that vast resource to keep this great challenge going. I will take the responsibility to insure that a destination for our cards is found and posted each month. I feel strongly that there are many important organizations in the lives of the stampers of SCS that they are compassionate to and thankful for within their own communities! I am excited that together, we can thank and reward these organizations throughout many communities by sharing our hand crafted treasures!

2. Beginning January 2011, a new thread will be started on the 1st of each month in the challenge forum by either myself or a Guest Challenge Hostess. It is there where the featured organization for the month will be announced. We will share a little information about the organization featured and how they are making a difference in their community. We will also use this thread to post any specific instructions as well as the address/contact person where the cards are to be mailed to.

3. We will ask the challenge participants to post comments in the thread throughout the month notifying us that they have partcipated by mailing their cards to the monthly featured organization. The thread can also be used to ask questions, chat about any details regarding the monthly cause or even as a place to post thank yous or news about the challenge throughout the month.

4. I am excited about the fact that SCS provides a venue whereby an organization can be recognized for doing good things in the communities of our SCS stampers. I will post a schedule in the Cards for A Cause Forum and will post updates on the various featured organizations just as soon as they are identified. Having this information in advance from month to month, may provide you the additional time you need to participate each and every month. Even though you have the opportunity to make cards ahead of time, in advance of the upcoming Cards for a Cause challenge, we would ask you that you not mail them early. Please mail your cards to the organization during the month they are featured so that the impact of receiving a *blast* of cards during their featured month is realized.

5. Lastly, we need your help! If you have an organization in mind that is located in your community (or any community for that matter!) that is near and dear to your heart, feel free to contact me to get on the schedule. You can host your own challenge or if you would prefer, I will host it for you. Spread the word to other stampers as well!

We Challenge You!
Stamp from the Heart!

Last edited by Mothermark; 02-08-2011 at 02:59 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!