View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 06:47 AM   #11
ScrappinCEO
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
I just bought some pretty Christmas DP yesterday on sale! Yippee! I had no christmas DP at all and used neutrals or non-traditional colors to do my cards this year. It sucks being in a little area with zero scrapbooking/craft stores...including Walmart. We took the 2 hr drive to the nearest Walmart (and other stores!!) to finish up the Christmas shopping yesterday so I had a bit more of an opportunity to buy some crafty stuff. On a good note, I have only two gifts left to get and they will be picked up early next week!
I have the same issues you do, Patricia. My nearest 'big city' is 120 miles one direction. I do have a couple LSS stores 1 hour the other direction but there really isn't anything else there. I'd rather drive the extra hour to have time to spend at Borders, B & N, places like HL & Mike's where I can shop for a wide variety of crafts, not just papercrafts.

I try to combine my trips to places like that with a writers meeting or get-together with my sister who lives an hour the others side. It's our 'meet in the middle' place. If I have to spend time doing research for an article or want extra play time, I sometimes do it as an overnight. That way I can take advantage of WiFi to catch up on-line, too. (I have dial-up at home)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!