View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 06:05 AM   #1
Julia S
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to Julia S
Default WT300 - something old and something new (12/09/10)

Wow. Challenge number 300 and my last WT challenge as hostess. I knew this would be hard to write but didn't know how much so until I sat down this morning to write it. It doesn't really seem like almost 6 years since I first started the Ways to Use it Challenge. Time flies when you are having fun.

Over the past week I've been looking over the list of challenges. They have been a lot of fun and stretched my creativity which is the reason I started this challenge. I hope that it has stretched yours in some measure as well. The challenge started out as finding new ways to use products to get more mileage out of them and evolved to include that but also to find ways to try out new ideas and themes. I hope you've enjoyed the journey as much as I.

Thank you all so much for your participation, your inspiration, your lovely comments, your fabulous creative projects and your dedication to being challenged each week. We've grown together, seen our work change and improve and the friendships have flourished. I cannot express it all but thank you.

I'm sure by now you're saying, "enough already" so I'll move on to announcing your new challenge hostess. I'm sure you all know who she is. I wanted to leave this challenge in good hands so I thought long and hard before offering it up. She's a talented designer, stamper, product designer, creative genius and most importantly, a dedicated and wonderful person. You'll know her from the Dirty Dozen and of course, most recently as a Paper Crafts Go To Girl. I hope you'll welcome Kim Hughes with open arms and I can't wait to see what she has in store for the Ways to Use it Challenge. Thanks so much Kim for taking this on.

Finally...the challenge.
I hope you'll enjoy my final challenge, WT300, as a compilation of many challenges that I've posted over the years. Look back through the lists or the forum and be inspired to redo a few of your favorite challenges or do a few that you've missed. I also would love to have you try something new to make it a challenge for you. We can't leave that challenge part out of the equation, can we?

So here's the criteria...

• choose a minimum of three previous WT challenges to incorporate in your project and list them when you post...this is the "old"
  • make sure you add in at least one idea that you haven't tried before and tell us what it is...this is the "new"
Please remember to put WT300 in your keywords section and post a link back here so that we can all see your work. Please feel free to create as many projects as you wish. This challenge is not a contest but a fun way to be inspired. Thank you so much for playing along.

My sample: You Make My Heart Happy

WT300 Gallery Submissions

Again, thank you, thank you ,thank you!

Big hugs,
Julia

I design for ... Ellen Hutson LLC, & Maya Road

Last edited by Julia S; 12-09-2010 at 06:11 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!