View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #65
Crafty Math Chick
Forum Fanatic

Originally Posted by LancasterLurker View Post
Oooh can I join in too? I still need some for this year as I was so disorganised. I will aim for 4 a month, definitely agree with the even numbers idea!

I am still new to this craft, (only 9 months so far!) so I am worried that I won't like my January cards come November. Any tips?

Thanks for the idea ladies.

Welcome to the challenge Bexx! Tips for relative newbies... let's see...

I recommend checking out the gallery here for ideas, where you search "CCC10" or for particular stamp sets you already own and you will see something that makes you say "Hey! I can make that!" I have gotten ideas for a few month's worth of cards that way. I recommend starting simply so you don't get overwhelmed, there are a lot of pretty CAS style holiday cards out there. When you feel more comfortable, step it up a notch. Most of all - just HAVE FUN with it!!

If you end up with extra cards they make great gifts for relatives and friends and there are tons of charitable organizations that will be happy to receive the cards, like Operation Write Home. I love knowing that some of my cards will be used by troops sending cards home to their families. Lots of animal shelters will be happy to collect some to auction off in gift baskets as fundraisers, I am told schools and churches do this too but my personal calling is to help our furry friends.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!