View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 05:38 AM   #59
ScrappinCEO
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterLurker View Post
Oooh can I join in too? I still need some for this year as I was so disorganised. I will aim for 4 a month, definitely agree with the even numbers idea!

I am still new to this craft, (only 9 months so far!) so I am worried that I won't like my January cards come November. Any tips?

Thanks for the idea ladies.

Bexx
HI Bexx

Welcome to the group. VikkiJo will officially add you to her excel sheet this weekend when she gets back.

First off, don't worry about how your cards look. As long as they please you, that's the important thing. However, to boost your confidence, cruise the gallery and find cards you think you can 'copy' or CASE as we say. Make a few. Soon you'll find yourself turning a mat a way you think looks better.

And never be afraid to look at a sketch or card and ask WHAT IF? What if you used a different color/ stamp/ turned a mat a different direction, etc.

As to liking your January cards by November... your style will always be growing/ changing. The cards you do in November may not be your 'style' by next January. Don't fret. Just have FUN playing.

Oh and one more thing, make sure you upload your cards to the gallery. We as artists we are our own worst critics. The comments you'll receive will reassure you.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!