Old 11-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #158
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT122 ~ DESTINATION STATION #122

PLEASE SEE POST #159, BELOW THIS ONE!!!

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #122:

This week's destination is San Antonio, Texas! Okay people, I have about had it with this cancer business! If we could (in real life) do something to put an end to this terrible part of life, don't ya know we would all do it in a heart beat!

Our cards will be send to Linda T. who by the way is a cat lover. Linda is battling cancer. During the course of Linda's chemo treatments, her mother who was helping take care of Linda and her family and her biggest cheerleader suddenly passed away. During her chemo treatments she was also dealing with the tasks associated with settling her mother's estate since she is an only child.

In October, Linda finished her chemo and apart from hair loss and being tired she did amazingly well. Then, two days later, she passed out at home, was taken to the hospital by EMS with extremely high blood counts. She was in the hospital for four weeks and is now in a skilled nursing facility. She is in need of additional cancer treatment, but her immediate health need is to gain enough strength to be able to return home. Linda homeschools her only child, now a teenager, and she is determined to live a long healthy life for her family.

Lori Garrison (Chef Mama) a fellow teapotter and SCSer is a close friend of Linda's and will hand deliver our cards to Linda in the nursing facility. Please send them to Linda in care of Lori at the address below:

Linda T.
C/O Lori Garrison
4606 Purlane
San Antonio TX 78247

Thank you from me and thank you from Lori!

UPDATE: Sadly, Linda has passed on. Please do not send any additional cards to Linda c/o Lori. Thank You!

Last edited by Mothermark; 03-29-2011 at 04:27 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!