View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #2089
Isaiah40:31
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, it has been pretty quiet around here over the last few days, so I assume that everyone has been enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday with family - or out braving the crowds shopping. Or baking, or making cards, or decorating... Whatever it is that is keeping you busy, I hope you're all well.

We are now keeping a close watch on the weather forecasts and road conditions to the north. Travel does not look like much fun in most of Utah, Idaho, Montana and southern Alberta. Exactly our route home. There's a bit of a clear patch in the forecast a few days from now, so we hope that trend continues and makes for an uneventful trip back to the land of ice and snow. We'll probably load up the car and hit the road Friday... But I'll get to see my family. The Saturday after we hope to get home will be our family's annual "Lefse Making Day". Always lots of fun.

Yesterday's forecast for where we are staying in Arizona was "Abundant Sunshine". Is that not the best ever kind of forecast? Today, the sunshine is a little less abundant - it even rained - but it is still a far cry from snow, ice and blizzards. Our 'test run' as "Snowbirds" has helped us figure out why people do this for the entire winter, and not just November.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!