View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #2228
jenguin
Stazon Splitcoast

I wanted to share with you all something as well as ask for a prayer.

I went over to the friend's house where the family with the fire is staying and as I was unloading the car with donations, the woman, Beth, whose home was destroyed was walking up to the home from her home, where she was being interviewed by the investigaters (standard procedure). The man doing the excavation and demolition had handed her something: a Mary and baby Jesus from a nativity scene - it had survived the fire! How cool is that?!!!! A couple of other things survived too, but I just thought that was neat.
The woman she is staying with (who is wonderful and beyond kind) just rolled her eyes - as she is an atheist. I don't understand why people who are atheists or not as into religion as some of the rest of us roll their eyes and all that, but I don't do that to them about their beliefs. How is that any different?

Would you please pray for me and my friendships. One of my good friends has appeared to be short with me. Ever since I got back after my mom passed. I have NO idea what I did. But, it's there. I'm not imagining it. And of course, that makes me defensive, which makes me appear short, I'm sure. She's not the person you can ask "what did I do?" because she just isn't. I've tried that once before when we had a "thing". So, I'm going to keep on being me. I know that with not being here all summer and being so consumed with "stuff" that friends have moved on and I don't have as many friends as I used to. I get it. That doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt. I am far from perfect, but neither is any of them!! We are all human and going through stuff. I don't know.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!