View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #2155
smhtwin
Pearl-ExPert

Susan -

Thanks for the funny about the Halloween costume

Jake actually did want to go trick-or-treating this year and he did a great job! The only thing that spooked him were all the dogs at people's houses. He's still afraid of dogs right now. But he handled it well and we went to about 20 houses before he was ready to head home.

GREAT NEWS about Jack - hooray! All of the hard work is paying off!

We've just finished Jake's triennial assessment through the school district and I'm waiting for the results. I think I freaked the school psychologist out when I told her that I was anxious for the diagnosis of Autism to be put on his IEP instead of continuing with the existing diagnosis of speech/language impairment. She said she's used to parents arguing about putting the "big A" on the paperwork or some of them are in denial about it. I assured her that we knew at least 2 years ago that this time was coming and we need that diagnosis to qualify him for some other services. She seemed relieved that I was totally open for it. Go figure......

Two quick updates: Ms. Kate is working out wonderfully with taking Jake to his after-school care center and the pumpkin patch coming to Jake's school was a success and we got a cute picture of him with a bunch of pumpkins. Now if I can ever figure out how to post pictures online, I will put it up here.....

Hope everyone is doing well.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!