Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT118 ~ THAT'S NOT HODGE PODGE, RAUGE! GET BACK TO THE TAJ MA LODGE!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #118
THAT'S NOT HODGE PODGE, RAUGE! GET BACK TO THE TAJ MA LODGE!!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion!

This is my story!

1. This is a burfday teapot! I got this awesome black and white teapot for my burfday last week from my sister! Its the coolest! Awesome shape, awesome design, awesome black and white! Its a Designer Teapot, I am just sure of it!

2. Rauge de la Flauge! He's a master of disaster, with quite an attitude! You see Roger, plain old ordinary Roger, has always wanted to make a name for himself. With the encouragement of his High School Football Coach he thought he was going to do that on the football field but not so much! Just cuz he's big and strong and looks like a Mack Truck coming down the hall doesn't mean he's good at flattening people! His current dilema is a result of an infatuation with his favorite TV show, Project Runway AND the fact that he doesn't hear so well. You see, he has begun thinking of himself not as Roger but as Rauge, he likes the way that rolls off his tongue. Sounds like a French Designer! When the guys on the football team started calling him Rauge de la Schnauze (because of his oversized nose!), Roger thought they were calling him Rauge de la Flauge and it just has that special ring to it! That brings us to where we are today.

3. Attaboy Troy! Attaway Trey! Waytaplan Tran! Troy, Trey, and Tran are the recruiters for Project Runway! They identify the talent, recognize potential stars and secure top ratings! All three know that if they can get this big football player looking dude with the big schnauze to just design a decent project, he will boost ratings over the top! They can promote him as a diamond in the rough kinda thing, a don't judge a book by its cover kinda guy, the longshot of the runway kinda deal! So, it's off to The Taj Ma Lodge, a remote lodge in the middle of somewhere. The assignment is to take Hodge Podge to the next level, make it cool, make it fun, make it the next designer happening! Rauge has to be secluded in a inspirational setting (The Taj Ma Lodge) and has been given a base of black and white to add Hodge Podge to and make it grand! That's Not Hodge Podge, Rauge! Get Back to the Taj Ma Lodge!

4. Do you know what wonderful tea and treats are served at The Taj Ma Lodge? If you don't, you will soon! We're hookin' up with Rauge for a little Hodge Podge! Everyone will bring a base of black and white. Some of you will add Hodge, some of you will add Podge. The result of which will be a wonderful gallery of 42,000 black and white based Hodge Podge cards! Bring funny, bring floral, bring flourishes, bring food! Bring a stripe, bring a pipe, join the hipe, do not gripe! Bring some art, do your part, bring a heart or a cart! Bring a garden, bring some nature, bring some pets, bring some game. Bring a dancer, bring a singer, bring a person of some fame. Bring some Hodge! Bring some Podge! Just Don't Do a "Rauge!"

If you are out of black and white cardstock, just bring a color blind Designer Recruiter and come in the back door! Special Note: If you look up the word Flauge in the dictionary it means an attempt to be something you are not! (as in Camo-flauge!) Poor Rauge de la Flauge!!

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #118:

This week's destination is Grand Junction, Colorado. We will be sending our challenge cards to Mr. and Mrs. Roy Cotton, the parents of fellow SCSer/Teapotter, Traci (Tracim). Traci's mom (Joyce) is confined to a wheel chair as a result of her battle with MS. Traci's father (Roy) is her caregiver and recently had knee replacement surgery! While he recovers from his surgery and accomplishes his physical therapy, they will be staying at a local nursing home so they can both be cared for. We are sending our cards to the nursing home to make their stay a little more cheerful.

For more information as well as the address go to Post #151 in the Teapot Destination Staion Destination Station thread, should you decide to send your challenge card to Mr. and Mrs. Cotton. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is the card I made to send Mr. and Mrs. Cotton. And here is the card which I made based upon the look of the teapot.

And Traci (Tracim) has also made this gift for her parents.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #118 Challenge Gallery .

TEAPOT TUESDAY CHALLENGE TRANSLATION!

I know, I know, everyone has a hard time following my stories, so here's what you do! Bring a card with a black and white base. Add something on top, anything, any image, can be any color, or your card can be all black and white, gallery will be a hodge podge (mixture) of cards. Oh, and we really don't have set rules, just be inspired and bring a card! Wait! One rule, you gotta drink tea cuz if you don't we will have a bunch leftover!!!

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT118 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT118 ~ THAT'S NOT HODGE PODGE, RAUGE!  GET BACK TO THE TAJ MA LODGE!-burfday-teapot-.jpg   MMTPT118 ~ THAT'S NOT HODGE PODGE, RAUGE!  GET BACK TO THE TAJ MA LODGE!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-08-2010 at 05:14 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #2  
101 Airborne

What a great destination this week - I hope Mr. & Mrs. Cotton enjoy all of our cards. Here is my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 06:33 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Whew...that story about did my brain damaged brain in but I did manage to get to the black and white part.

Here's my Black and White at the Taj
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

What a lovely teapot this week, You received a beautiful birthday gift, Cindy, Thank you again for the challenge...Here is my card...
MMTPT118, Bella Blossons in Black and White by JD from PAUSA - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts

Wheew I found ya'll.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 408 Likes on 354 Posts

Love your birthday teapot...and the challenge it inspired! Love your story too! It's late....so maybe after I vote tomorrow(long, long ballot here).....I'll get to adding one to my card. We'll see.

THINKING OF YOU
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 179 Likes on 150 Posts

Here's my black and white damask card - it will go postal to Roy and Joyce tomorrow! I missed the train last week - but I'm back on it now!! MMTPT118 You''ve Popped Into My Thoughts HYCCT17 by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #8  
Inky OceanGazer

Believe it or not, I, the user of many layers, made a CAS black and white card......

HUGS
thanks for looking
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Here's my card "Black, white and grey" I hope I can still come in the front door because I used grey too (but it is balck and white combined right?)

Nuthin' better then paper-crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 01:36 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

MMTPT118 Bonjour to Joyce & Roy by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's my card..............I'm off to take my son-in-law to the Dublin Surgical Center for the injections in his back. Say a little prayer that this works and his pain subsides !!!
HUGS & Blessings to all !!
Tina

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 01:44 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my card for Mr. and Mrs. Cotton.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 02:12 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine for the Cottons. MMTPT118 For the Cottons by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 02:35 AM   #13  
*I stamp, therefore I am......*

That is quite a story Miss Cindy and since I am home sick as a dog with a chest thing I think I will play to take my mind off my woes!!!
today is a gift, enjoy every minute....

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more. ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 03:24 AM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NANCYRUTHView Post
That is quite a story Miss Cindy and since I am home sick as a dog with a chest thing I think I will play to take my mind off my woes!!!
Aww...so sorry you are not feeling well Nancy! But it's so cool you might come to our teaparty! Who'd a thunk you could come to a teaparty while you are sick! Tee hee!

I had to add a challenge translation this week cuz my story confused everyone! Oops!

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-02-2010 at 03:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 04:09 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Girls... I see I made it kinda early to the tea party...

Elegant Lily of the Valey

Sure hope Rauge de la Flauge gets his inspiration soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 07:38 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 745 Likes on 356 Posts

feeling yucky. sorry. here's mine:MMTPT118 B/W/RED by jdmommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 07:48 AM   #17  
Proud Fan Club Member

Just wanted to let ya'll know I had mine ready to upload til I looked at all yours. I misunderstood the challenge...I thought hodge podge was an eclectic mixture of things. So...I am going back to the drawing board..or in this case the stamping board. Sorry I'm taking so long.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #18  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks, Cindy!! Now, I'm off to find that address in CO!!
A Rose (MMTPT11 by MrsBoz - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's my card.

Black & White Medallion-SJH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #20  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I STAMPED on a white background, does that count? When I saw the challenge, I knew this would be the PERFECT card to bring cheer to our destination station.

My image is still pending approval, but you should be able to see it soon!

Just Buzzin' By
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #21  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Here's my card. (This may be the only time my card has had even a passing resemblence to the inspiration teapot).
Teapot Tuesday participant

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Cindy, thanks so much for doing this, friend!! And choosing my parents as your destination. I can tell you they are doing pretty well, and will be so tickled to get each and every card. My mom and dad have a big card-giving tradition...it's bigger than presents at our house, so THANK ALL OF YOU!!!
I will be sure to get pictures in a month or so when I can make it back to visit them and share with all of you!! It may be sooner than that depending on the weather over the mountain passes for my driving, and how they are holding up!
Oh, my card was a tote of cards that I will send one at a time...Mom can't write very well with her MS, but she will enjoy the encouragement along the way.
Lots of love to each of you that participate in this challenge!
Here is my tote, the cards are in a separate post:
Tote of Hope for Teapot Tuesday!! by tracim - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by tracim; 11-02-2010 at 12:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's my card. I have always loved this stamp even though it's a bit tedious to color in.

MMTPT118 Kind Thoughts by Kathy LeDonne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Come check out my Gallery and leave a comment!
FS465
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Didn't get a card made but will send Mr. and Mrs. Cotton one from my stash!
My Blog:A Flowery Hobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

It ain't no Hodge Podge, Rauge. It's Flock by Brock!

Flocked Sun
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #26  

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom
Default well wishes for the Cottons

Here's a card just for the Cottons
never will they be forgotten;
staying together in a Nursing Home
which is much better than being alone.
Replacing a knee is no small feat
and when his PT is complete
and he is good as new
he'll go home & the Mrs., too!

This week's teaparty was extra important to me. I have 2 sisters and a cousin with MS. One of my sisters is quadriplegic. I know this disease and its effects on your family.
How cute and devoted that Mr. & Mrs. Cotton are together while he heals from knee replacement surgery.

Here's my card

Oh and I forgot to post this was the inspiration for my card:
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1832960

Last edited by philsmom; 11-02-2010 at 01:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 02:35 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's another card for the Cottons. The back door is fine with me, then maybe I can sneak a cookie.
MMTPT118 find joy everyday by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Better late then never!
Here is mine
Please visit! Paper-Rose-Petals
Past Creative Architect for Innovative Stamp Creations!!
Past Senior Design Team Member for Mark`s Finest Paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #29  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ok, here is my second attempt at this challenge. My first card was way way different then ya'lls. I think I misunderstood the Hodge Podge part of it. Oh well here is my final creation. The white marks are from my scanner. (oops it's clean now) lol
Tracim, I will keep your parents in my prayers.

my attempt

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #30  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yikes, it's almost midnight, but here I be - along with my Yellow Hodge Podge.

I'll be back tomorrow to visit the gallery and also finish my comments from last week - where does the time go?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 11:36 PM   #31  
Proud Fan Club Member

Airborne, you had left a comment on my card about the black embossing on black. It really does look much much better in real life. Thank you for the lovely comment. And thank you to everyone else that left a comment. They were all so sweet. Hugs to ya'll

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2010, 04:27 AM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

White and Black.... and a little yellow, OK? Here's my card: Black & White & B'fly by seamom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I have had this medallion stamp forever, and this is the FIRST time I have ever used it!
My card is on its way to Traci's parents today. Life has certainly given them lemons; here's hoping all the cards will change them to sweet lemonade!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by seamom; 11-04-2010 at 03:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #33  
Gabfest Goddess

Your all going to have to start calling me day-late-lizzie. Any tea and cookies left? Anyway Raj of the Taj was having tea with his auntie one day and he noticed the damask table cloth. Now he may be onto something here, he decided if damask was white on white, why couldn't it be black on black. He's into designing cards now, take a peak. Here is "Damask"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

I made it, late but not too late, I hope!
Doodled Hodgepodge
And if I am a day late uploading, at least it will get in the post promptly as I will be in the post office tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eat Something Cute Darling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I'm a little late, but at least I made it to the tea party this week! My card is addressed and all ready to go out to Traci's parents. Here is my simple black and white creation: MMTPT118 Hodge Podge For Rauge by cmsuto - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
No hodge podge, just black and white like the teapot!

My Gallery

My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2010, 08:31 AM   #37  
Die Cut Diva

Wink MMTPT#118~ Better late than never! :rolleyes:

I absolutely LOVE Black & White themes because no matter what you do, you can't go wrong. Here is my contribution for this weeks destination.

Well, I don't know what I am doing wrong but my card doesn't show up in the Teapotters Gallery. I used the "Keywords" MMTPT118 -
well - I'll go back to bed and try again later :???:

Last edited by Sandi*S; 11-04-2010 at 08:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #38  

finally got a sorta black and white one done.....

MMTPT118, prayer for you by Ksnurse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2010, 04:01 AM   #39  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning Everyone. My weekend is going to be lite on the stamping. Hubby comes home this morning. He's home for the weekend then not again until Thanksgiving. Have a great weekend!!! I intend to. hehe

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2010, 03:21 AM   #40  
*I stamp, therefore I am......*

I am a new teapotter and I hope you all like my card! Happy Belated Birthday to you Cindy!!!
today is a gift, enjoy every minute....

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more. ...
Reply With Quote Likes