View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
UnderstandBlue
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Challenge Title: The Great Escape
Hostess: understandblue aka Lydia Fiedler
Keyword: HYCCT31
Date: Sunday, October 31st, 2010

Well, all good things must come to an end, and so today, we have our very last Hope You Can Cling To Challenge. It's been an incredible month, with more than 1700 gallery entries (and counting) of some of the most beautiful things we've ever seen! You have brought a lot of joy into the lives of the patients and families at MD Anderson, and you should all give yourselves a round of cyber applause.

So as we say goodbye, we have a very, very special challenge for you, with a prize sponsored by our friends at Etsy.com.

Everybody needs a great escape every now and then. For most of us, crafting is our great escape from the stresses of life. Etsy is built on the labors of talented crafters like each of you, and their Treasury lists are collections of beautiful items that hold a ton of inspiration. I've spent many a happy hour in the Treasury, and it's a high crafty honor to be featured in one.

Your task today is to go to Etsy and choose one of their beautiful Treasury lists for your inspiration. Post a link to the Treasury list you chose in your card description and here in the chatter thread. When you go to their Treasury page, you can search the Treasury lists in the search box at the top right. For example, you can type in "pink" (or, in my case, blue ) or "wood" or anything that strikes your fancy.

And here's the best part.

Everyone who has completed all of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges, including this one of course, will be entered in a drawing for a $250 Etsy shopping spree!!

How's that for a happy ending??

So let's spend our Halloween getting crafty, shall we?

I chose this Treasury list for my inspiration. To find it, I searched "books" and just LOOK at those items! Wow.

It's like it was made for me! These are all of my favorite things when I need a great escape.

So enjoy browsing these little crafty wonders - I can't wait to see what you pick!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery - **not your regular member gallery**, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT31, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear cellophane bag or clear envelope per entry and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family.

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

Thank you for participating in this card drive!

For details on the Etsy prize redemption, click here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Etsy II 002 copy.jpg (48.5 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg etsy.jpg (86.5 KB, 80 views)

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 11-01-2010 at 10:40 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!