View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 06:18 AM   #134
Bahb
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiBee View Post
I love my Souffle gel pen and my Sharpie fine tip poster paint. Both couldn't be any more opaque, and they don't quit working!

My Inkssential and my Signo worked the first few times I used them (and I have had several of each), but then they stop working and no trick I have tried would get them working again.. scribbling like crazy to heat the tip, putting a flame to the tip briefly, banging on the counter, freezing for a few minutes... nothing gets them going once they stop. And it's so frustrating since they're full.
I took my Inkessentials apart and stirred the ink with a bamboo skewer. That worked. But life's too short to spend time that way. Last night I bought a Sharpie fine tip paint pen at Creative Images (cis.com), but it might depend on how long the things have been sitting on the vendors' shelves, since the answers on this topic are so conflicting.

It seems as if many products are getting old and useless, especially pens, colored pencils, inks and adhesives. Self-adhesive bling that stuck a month ago doesn't stick anymore. Sticky Stuff that held metal leafing doesn't hold it anymore. ATG tape that stuck well no longer sticks, and 3 different brands of Vellum tape no longer hold anything. VERY frustrating, because of the expense. Dry Tombow markers are my biggest rant, but I'll spare you.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!