View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 02:48 AM   #25
stampnangel
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petu2000 View Post
I know what you mean! I buy much more than I use and in the Spring I started tallying up my spend vs use. I allot myself a "payment" per project, like a card is $1 and etc for various items and tasks like posting pictures of my work or submitting to a magazine. It is a good way of being aware of exactly how much I spend(OMG!) and how I use what I spend. I feel more motivated to do things when I see exactly how much I have spent. I have joined alot of swaps, I joined the BRAK committee on SCS to send out Bday cards every month. I am donating alot of cards to a friends charity drive in Dec. I belong to Your Paper Pantry.Ning which has some great swaps for more than cards.

My biggest problem is I can't resist a bargain and haul video's on Youtube are dangerous especially when it's a bargain alert for BigLots or TuesdayMorning or Michael's! There is a Hobby Lobby about an hour away from me now and my friend and I are planning a trip already. She visited one while in Arizona recently and loved it! I know I shouldn't go, but I get their e-mails all the time and she was really excited about going again. I gotta see what all the fuss is about!
Your payment idea sounds like a good idea. I would be scared to see what my spending vs using amt was LOL What mags do you submit to? I submit my cards also.

I don't have a hobby lobby around me, never been to one. I did get to go to an Archivers once when we took our son to Kings Island amusement park, there was an Archivers down the road. Good thing I don't have one of those I would be broke for sure!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!