Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-18-2010, 05:52 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT116 ~ YOU'RE HIRED? YOU'RE WIRED? YOU'RE TIRED? WELL, NOW YOU'RE FIRED!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #116
YOU'RE HIRED? ~ YOU'RE WIRED? ~ YOU'RE TIRED?
WELL, NOW YOU'RE FIRED!!!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you!

This is my story!

1. Its funny to read the comments on my cards from time to time about the number of teapots I have posted on Tuesdays. Now, don't get me wrong, I have a whole lotta teapots (I quit counting) and I even have quite a bunch I have not featured yet! But, I don't own all the teapots that I have featured! I had a comment from Judy (aka StampingQueenJar) about how she thinks we might need to build a whole new wing on our house just to house my teapots! Snort! Well, Judy I must admit, I am not the proud owner of all of these teapots! As I truly would not have room for them all! Many of them have been searched out on the internet to coordinate with a fun teaparty idea or something inspired by the Destination Station! Whew! I guess I don't have to build a new wing on my house after all! Giggle!

2. Yep, it's Donald Duck! Whut? You didn't think he would look this good after all these years? Well, Donald is one Disney Dude that has really adapted to the times! As a matter of fact, he's gotten quite carried away, outa control, and hard to handle! Most Disney characters are old schoolers! They shy away from the internet, texting, twittering or face booking! But not Donald! He's a little overboard these days. He's 42,000 years old and he is annoying and causing huge issues for 42,000 of his fellow Disney Mates. Not to mention the issues he causes the staff members! What is his problem you ask? His problem is our mission!!

3. Here's the skinny, Minnie! Donald is totally 100% obsessed by The Donald! Yah, you got it, Donald Trump! Go figure! He has taken 42,000 courses in real estate development and has become quite the go-to guy for advice around Disney World! He's always on his cell phone, he's twittin' here and twittin' there, he wines and dines the three piece suits in expensive and lavish restaurants and he has acquired quite a knack for firing people! You guessed it! You're Fired! The problem is, because of his newly acquired wealth, he actually bought Disney World from Walt and he is the boss! So when he says they gotta go, they gotta go! I know what you guys are thinking, how could anybody take that goofy little Donald Duck seriously. He's a little pip squeek with a dorky little voice! Well, he's a bad, bad duck now. He has taken 42,000 very successful voice lessons and now he no longer sounds like this, he sounds like this. Yikes!

4. The Donald has literally fired the entire staff at Disney World! And what staff that remains and is barely hanging on, is on the virge of walking out! Now, the only way this deal is gonna get resolved is if a whole bunch of new Disney Mates show up, get hired by The Donald himself cuz well, you know, he needs to be in control! Then once hired, they can proceed as normal doing what they do in the land of Disney! We need Minnie and Mickey, Pluto and Daffy, Daisey Duck, Dumbo, Pooh and Brer Bear. We need Robbin Hood, Snow White, Tarzan and Tigger! We need Chicken Little, Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum and Lady and the Tramp! We need the Dalmations, Peter Pan, Pinocchio and Alice in Wonderland! We need Tinker Bell, Nemo, Pocahontas and some The Pirates. Long story short, if you have seen it at Disneyland, its been fired, and we need it now!

And if you bring another Donald Duck to the teaparty at Disney World then its Plan B, through the back-door as one Duck is quite the handful. Thank you very much!

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #116:

This week's destination is Hobe Sound, Florida! We will bringing Disney World to Lynette Watson. Now you might think Lynette is a little kid as she loves Disney World, but she's a grown woman who loves children and Disney World, and preferaby together!

Lynette has struggled terribly with cancer and was recently hospitalized once again. She started out with cancer of her hand, then of her colon, and now her lungs. Oh, and did I tell you she cares for her husband who has Parkinson's Disease and she works! She is the medical receptionist at the doctor's office where Charlene (cookiebaker) goes in Florida. Now be on your best behavior cuz we are visiting Lynette at the Doctor's office and even though we have been invited for tea, we can't get too rowdy, there's patients that need to be seen!

For more information including a link to Lynette Watson's Caring Bridge site as well as the address for the doctor's office, click here on Post #144 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread, should you decide to send your challenge card to encourage and brighten the day for Lynette! Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is my card ~ Quack, Quack, I Got Your Back! Just Kiddin'!

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #116 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT116 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT116 ~ YOU'RE HIRED? YOU'RE WIRED? YOU'RE TIRED? WELL, NOW YOU'RE FIRED!-donald-duck-teapot.jpg   MMTPT116 ~ YOU'RE HIRED? YOU'RE WIRED? YOU'RE TIRED? WELL, NOW YOU'RE FIRED!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 10-25-2010 at 06:05 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Well, I had a great stamp for this one and so I did it this week! What a great story! This is second time I have ever done it. What is the code for the keyword? I found it! LOL

Love those voices!

Thanks
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts
Default madhatters

Hi, I am not part of your group...yet. I am trying to learn how this all works. I just wanted to throw this out there. (although I don't know if I'm allowed seeing I'm not a group member) I used to work for a University where we would have a MadHatters teaparty. Have ya'll done any cards that had to do with this? I would love to see them if you have.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 06:31 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1822171?&cat=500&ppuser=228885Here is my card for the tea party! Thank you for the great story! Love all your tea pots.
I collect them also, and they are everywhere! Even packed away in boxes! I even gave some away. Can you believe it?

I had fun making this card.
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Oh, Oh, Oh....I loooooooove Disney World.....I just hope theres enough nurses at that office when we get there for the teaparty....As of 2100 when I walked out the back door, I'm officially on vacation and I sure don't want them puttin me to work when I'm there lookin for Mickey....I'll be bringin some of his favoritest cheesecake tarts....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #6  

Cindy..thank you soooo much for choosing Lynette as this week's Teapot Destination Station! She has more challenges than any one person should have to deal with; yet she's always thinking of others and always has a smile on her face.

I don't have any Disney stamps so used clipart.

The Donald Was Set Up!!
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

My card
MMTPT116, Cuttlebug, castle, by JD from PAUSA - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers...

Thank you, Cindy, for another great challenge...
my blog...
Ribbon Challenged
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Default I love em

Ladies, I looked at all of your cards. Very nicely done. Sorry I didn't leave any comments, however, I wanted to see them all. If I were to leave a message on every one of them...I'd be here all night. Nice work!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 174 Likes on 147 Posts

How fun - I finally had a reason to use my pirate ship die!!! here's my Disney card for Lynnette!! MMTPT116 Ahoy Matey! by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

madhatter2.jpg

AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRL
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

SalineLynn - 10/22
Traci S. - 10/23

Happy Birthday Lynn and Traci!!!

Hope you both have a wonderful birthday! Eat cake!
And kick anyone that tells you that you can't! Snort!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #11  
101 Airborne

Here is my card and the little poem. I hope it gives Lynette a smile or two.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Hop over to the Birthday Bash thread and leave birthday cards, presents and cake there for Cindy, who didn't include her own name for us to raise a pinky to

Yikes, I don't have anything Disney here, no stickers, no nuttin'. I do have a Winnie-the-Pooh teapot, I guess I'll be getting the camera out when I get home from work, if I don't come up with any bright ideas while I'm out. Or maybe I could smuggle in another mermaid to deputise for Ariel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 01:16 AM   #13  

Pinky's up and cheering...whoot, whoot Ladies...you, too Cindy!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MothermarkView Post

AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRL
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

SalineLynn - 10/22
Traci S. - 10/23

Happy Birthday Lynn and Traci!!!
Hope you both have a wonderful birthday! Eat cake!

And kick anyone that tells you that you can't! Snort!
Charlene -My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 02:16 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine MMTPT116 A Card for Lynette by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Happy Birthday Cindy, Lynn and Traci!

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 02:23 AM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

I am new to the "teaparty" group. Thank you for letting me join in. I will be putting my card up a bit later today, however, I wanted to say Happy Birthday to the birthday girls. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 02:26 AM   #16  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Oh Mudder!
You won't believe it, but Chicken Little is a brand new Hen! She's settled, raising a family, and bringing them to do their duty with helping at Disney! Thank goodness that chick is no longer hysterical!

Chicken Little is Coming ... As Soon As She Has Lunch!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 03:54 AM   #17  
Stamp Like You Mean It

Happy Birfday Mudder!!!! Hope today is full of good things for you! Snugs! Patty Cakes
(pretend I know how to add all those cute, jumping critters, and make the words all purdy, and then multiply that, k?) Love ya!:mrgreen:
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 04:12 AM   #18  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

You teapotters are such stinkers! I was trying to sneak my burfday though this week! You know....I am OLD! Snort! But how can I not be touched by your burfday wishes!! Thanks guys....blushing here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 04:13 AM   #19  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DellsDaniView Post
I am new to the "teaparty" group. Thank you for letting me join in. I will be putting my card up a bit later today, however, I wanted to say Happy Birthday to the birthday girls. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Welcome Dani! Can't wait to see your card! Don't let the teapottes skeer you off today........they are a rowdy bunch! But be careful, you might just fit in! Tee hee!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 07:00 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 742 Likes on 354 Posts

I think it may be time to call the HOME and tell them to get my room ready. If this is any indication of what my day is gonna be like, maybe I should go back to bed....or drink!!

I had 42,000 moments to consider what to do for this challenge, and my brain said, "we're going with this".

*sorry* Here's mine:MMTPT116 It's a Puzzlement! by jdmommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 07:44 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

my card attempt :-)

Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum by BorisValentino - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Oh my friend MUDDER......HAPPY BURFDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!! May your day be filled with lotsa and lotsa polka dots and teapots!!!!! Also may you have lotsa laughter in your day with lotsa love from your family and friends!!!!! Thank you for being who you are.....your wit and humor (and snorts) are contagious and you always make me giggle!!!! Wuv U, my friend!!!!!!!!!

I was gonna come to the tea party today, but alas, I DON"T have any Disney stamps.......what's up with that!!!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 09:01 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Happy Birthday Cindy, Lynn and Traci!!! Hope you all have wonderful blessed birthdays!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MUDDER. I'm back! We girls in North America have it good. Craft stores everywhere. I always come home with crafting goodies from my travels. Who knew Greece, Turkey, Russia, and The Ukraine had no craft shops. Ephesus Turkey has been there for 5000 years but not even a sticker to be found! I do have enough photos to put even the most patient person to sleep and saw the most amazing things, however, it is great to be back home. Missed the teaparties, and had some strange tea while away. Tea at Disneyland is perfect for today.
If Cruella couldn't get rid of the Dalmatians then The Donald is no match. Here is my card for the Teaparty (The dots are for you Mudder) ALL 101 OF YOU ARE FIRED
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #25  

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarleygoView Post
Oh my friend MUDDER......HAPPY BURFDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!! May your day be filled with lotsa and lotsa polka dots and teapots!!!!! Also may you have lotsa laughter in your day with lotsa love from your family and friends!!!!! Thank you for being who you are.....your wit and humor (and snorts) are contagious and you always make me giggle!!!! Wuv U, my friend!!!!!!!!!

I was gonna come to the tea party today, but alas, I DON"T have any Disney stamps.......what's up with that!!!!!!
Clipart, clipart!! I didn't have any either but you can find thousands of images online!
Charlene -My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #26  

Come on along, Dani...the water's warm!
Charlene -My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 10:59 AM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday to all of the birthday girls including Mudder!

We are all singing to all of U!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

MMTPT116 I'm Back... I mean AFLAC. by MariLynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Just had to join this Teaparty. I've missed being here. I am coming in the back door.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #29  
Proud Fan Club Member

Can someone quickly tell me when I am uploading my card...which gallery should I choose?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #30  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

All you guys are giving me warm fuzzies today! Tee hee! Thanks so much......for the birthday wishes and giggles! (And the singing Sharon!) I am loving all the cards today too.......Its good to have vacationing teapotters back too!

You had some weird tea Elizabeth?????? Are you sure it was tea?????? Snort!!!!

Last edited by Mothermark; 10-19-2010 at 12:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #31  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Can someone quickly tell me when I am uploading my card...which gallery should I choose?
Hi Dani!

You just upload your card to your own member gallery and then put MMTPT116 in keywords...that is what sorts your card to the teapot tuesday gallery. So you don't really pick anything special...just your own gallery! Okay?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #32  
Proud Fan Club Member

ok. thank you. and how do I get my card to show up here...you know in my message

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #33  
Proud Fan Club Member

ok I uploaded my card. Please go easy on me. I am a teaparty virgin. Please let me know if I am understanding the concept here. So far, ya'll are a blast. Oh and Happy Birthday to the birthday girls.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 12:43 PM   #34  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

ok I uploaded my card. Please go easy on me. I am a teaparty virgin. Please let me know if I am understanding the concept here. So far, ya'll are a blast. Oh and Happy Birthday to the birthday girls.
Hi DellsDani, If you have a Mac I can help you link your card to this thread, if you have any other kind of computer someone else can jump in and help. Mac has a different path to link.
Cheers, Elizabeth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #35  
Proud Fan Club Member

ooh sorry ladies..didn't see you welcome posts. Thank you. Oh and MotherMark...umm seems to me like you might be the 'rowdy' one. But that is ok..cuz rowdy can be fun. Cookiebaker ..should I tread lightly or just jump in with both feet? Ya'll kill me...lololol I love rubber..no mac but thank you for offering.
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
ooh I think I may have figured it out. I think this is the link to my card.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #36  

Quote:

ooh sorry ladies..didn't see you welcome posts. Thank you. Oh and MotherMark...umm seems to me like you might be the 'rowdy' one. But that is ok..cuz rowdy can be fun. Cookiebaker ..should I tread lightly or just jump in with both feet? Ya'll kill me...lololol I love rubber..no mac but thank you for offering.
MMTPT116DonaldDuck by DellsDani - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
ooh I think I may have figured it out. I think this is the link to my card.
Yep, both feet...deep water, no swimmie ring. Looks like you swim just fine!!
Charlene -My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #37  
Proud Fan Club Member

ok ya'll said it was ok...so I'm pluggin my nose and jumpin on in.....hope ya'll are ready..........*splash*....as mm would say...snort

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #38  
Proud Fan Club Member

:oops: SCS says I'm a rubber obsessor...hmmm...lol..that's right I practice safe teapartying. omg...lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #39  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow all the cards that have been uploaded for this challenge are great! So imaginative!
here's mine

We Are Siamese If You Please
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2010, 09:11 PM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

So glad I could join in! Here's my Littlest Witch in training for Disney!